IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

I dunno, its not a huge lead for Yorkshire, how much of a lead will they build? They're not going overly quickly and if Yorks get past 350 then what sort of target would middlesex leave Yorks? Given the rate Middlesex batted in the first innings it could easily play out to a draw 

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

I dunno, its not a huge lead for Yorkshire, how much of a lead will they build? They're not going overly quickly and if Yorks get past 350 then what sort of target would middlesex leave Yorks? Given the rate Middlesex batted in the first innings it could easily play out to a draw 

If Yorkshire get to 350 and declare them Middlesex will have to score quickly and set a target. Looks like they'll only have 2 and a half sessions to get Yorkshire out at best. Other than a Middlesx collapse this is looking like a draw to me...

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

Middlesex still need to win so will surely have to set Yorkshire some kind of total.

6 minutes ago, Super said:

Middlesex still need to win so will surely have to set Yorkshire some kind of total.

Yeah but they won't want to leave it too fine leaving the door open for Yorkshire, they'll need to go at a much quicker rate then they did in the first innings if they want to set any sort of total. If Yorks merely plan to match Somerset for bonus points to keep themselves ahead Middlesex will still have a deficit of 80 odd to make up first. 

• Admin
32 minutes ago, Calculus said:

If Yorkshire get to 350 and declare them Middlesex will have to score quickly and set a target. Looks like they'll only have 2 and a half sessions to get Yorkshire out at best. Other than a Middlesx collapse this is looking like a draw to me...

That's my view on it, actually think the longer they bat the better for us

• Admin

Love this . . . 

This dramatic game at Lord's takes another turn on the stroke of lunch. And Middlesex have finally caught one!

Steven Finn finds the outside edge of Steven Patterson and Ollie Rayner clutches onto a sharp chance in the slips.

They'll be dancing in the streets of Wells and Bridgwater at that news. And that is indeed lunch.

9 minutes ago, phantom said:

Love this . . . 

This dramatic game at Lord's takes another turn on the stroke of lunch. And Middlesex have finally caught one!

Steven Finn finds the outside edge of Steven Patterson and Ollie Rayner clutches onto a sharp chance in the slips.

They'll be dancing in the streets of Wells and Bridgwater at that news. And that is indeed lunch.

Not Taunton though...?