IGNORED

George Elokobi Released By Oldham

pigeon

Just seen that he was offered a new contract but turned it down. 

Always rated him and at 29 isn't exactly old but has good experience. Would people want to see him back?

No thanks , certainly not championship level , wouldn't mind seeing him in the ring with AJ though ! 

Just seen that he was offered a new contract but turned it down. 

Always rated him and at 29 isn't exactly old but has good experience. Would people want to see him back?

Maybe he thinks he could get a better deal at another club.

Not sure we saw enough of him before his shocking injury to say whether or not he'd improve City's defence.

Certainly not a bad player, can play on the left side of defence or as a left back. Question is, would he improve the team? He's certainly "do a job" but I think we aren't that sort of club anymore, I don't think he'd improve the first 11 so no from me.

A couple of years ago maybe.

I thought we have Greg Cunningham for cover, not sure if we need cover for the cover.

He came here and I think he would have done a good job for us if not for that horrific injury, not sure if players ever fully recover from something like that, age and this injury will bring more trouble than we would want soon enough. Harsh but true?

All gone very quiet as far as incomings but I just get the feeling that things are

going on behind the scenes and we might be very surprised with the quality of

players SC is looking to bring in. Think there are exciting times ahead so I would

say the likes of George Elokobi won't be on his radar.

Just my thoughts anyway.

Archived