IGNORED

Blatter To Resign

I must object.. i think 'HE'S GONE' would have been a far far more appropriate headline. Mods.. get on it right away.. if we have to take a vote on it make sure it is NOT a secret ballot.

Of course.. if they continue 1 country 1 vote we will end up with the same carp; another pig in the trough who then will monthly thank Splatter with a brown envelope. This must not be allowed to happen.

Fantastic news!

I expect more to come from the FBI now then

I suspect that there will be some fairly difficult charges appearing in the next few weeks which would have made life very difficult for him.  Good riddance.

Someone will have rolled on him, which is excellent news.

It's good he's going ( not until the end of the year or even next March). However, the secret ballot system is still in place and members like the Caymen Islands will still have a vote that matches that of say Germany.

I wouldn't start celebrating a new dawn for football just yet.

There is no way this obdurate cretin walks of his own volition. Someone somewhere has something big on him. The odious utter disgrace should have been removed many years ago. Good riddance. However I bet he has a bulging bank account. If he is found guilty of any crime, he should be made to pay back every penny; however you know that's not going to happen.

Stevo

It's good he's going ( not until the end of the year or even next March). However, the secret ballot system is still in place and members like the Caymen Islands will still have a vote that matches that of say Germany.

So, one member , one vote is unfair! How would you do it. The way you are thinking means England wouldn't get as big a say as Germany as well!

C'mon people, innocent until proven guilty!

Seriously though, good bloody riddance. What a total git. Being all preachy last week before the election and then bails a few days later. He's probably on a private jet, with a suitcase full of cash, heading towards the nearest safe country as we speak.

I just hope they get them all. FIFA needs purging.

I would think that there is some serious dirt on him for this to happen. I was reading today that someone just below him was being charged with something, and that they were getting closer and closer to him.

For him to say that there was no way he would stand down last week, get "re-elected" and now say this, it doesn't take a genius to work out why.

Question is, are both the Russia and Qatar finals likely to be taken away from them, and would the bid process begin again?

If Uefa don't get their way in the vote, they can still leave. Fifa is nothing without Uefa.

Also how come the Swiss became the home of world football and the Olympics? Reckon they were the only 1st world country that wasn't crippled by the outcome of WW2, + they had lots of untouched hotel rooms and conference facilities. Oh, and bank accounts to house the gold and chattels the Nazi's stole from other European nations. They were probably the only nation in Europe that benefited from the war, no matter who won. Clever, but not the type of mate you would choose.

As a Brit, I'm not sure how or why we trust the Swiss as we do, in the knowledge that they remained neutral when there was people like Hitler around. 

It's Cayman not Caymen:  if you're going to slag us off, at least spell our name correctly....

Archived