IGNORED

Anyone After Our Star Players?

reddogkev

Just wondered if any other Championship (or higher) clubs are sniffing around after our players.

I damn well hope not, but you see I'm having the occasional hour of disturbed sleep worrying about someone going after Freeman, Bryan, Flinty, Fielding etc.

Is anyone in the market for our talent, or am I fretting over nothing?

Just wondered if any other Championship (or higher) clubs are sniffing around after our players.

I damn well hope not, but you see I'm having the occasional hour of disturbed sleep worrying about someone going after Freeman, Bryan, Flinty, Fielding etc.

Is anyone in the market for our talent, or am I fretting over nothing?

I'll be absolutely amazed if we don't have to fend off a bid or 3 by the end of August.

It all seems quiet at the moment but I'm sure if any of them hit the ground running next season the bids will start flying in.

We'll just have to make sure we have a replacement lined up before we sell, like the Agard/Boldock situation.

I'm surprised that there haven't been any press stories yet.

And pleased.  A lot of these stories are agents' talk to try to engineer a move.  So either they're all perfectly happy here or they all have very responsible and above-board agents.  Or both.

Which is nice

Image195.jpg

There's more than one reason why we've extended Flint's contract :thumbsup:

And same applies to others, as mentioned, we're looking to extend other players' contracts.

Exactly. Extending good players contracts adds value.

With our current squad you would want most on at least a two year deal.

Freeman et al are bound to attract interest but City sit in a position where the leverage on Price for those players is high!

100% our players are for sale, isn't that one of our aims moving forward? That we sign players we can develop and sell for a profit rather than signing dogsh## has verbs who bleed is dry? I'm just chuffed to bits we have a team worth something...

How much value is in James, Cunningham, Wilson, Fontaine, McManus, Foster, Pearson, Skuse, Kelly, Davies, Anderson??

Exactly. Extending good players contracts adds value.

With our current squad you would want most on at least a two year deal.

Freeman et al are bound to attract interest but City sit in a position where the leverage on Price for those players is high!

And the players are actually showing appreciation to the club by inflating their asking price if they were to leave.

Yes, they'll be on more money, but that's part and parcel with the fact they're also now worth more.

Like Flint, if the likes of Freeman signs a 2/3 extension and leaves in the next couple of transfer windows, he's pretty much helped us out financially!

All makes sense to keep your best players (attitude pending) on longer contracts.

I don't see why we should attract any bids for any of our players, after all it was our owners wealth that got us promoted.

Having said that, I do believe that it was a collective effort from the team and there were no real stand out stars taking the headlines match after match, everyone did their bit and everyone hit the headlines.

I'm sure we, like any club doing well, get bids and enquiries.  I think it speaks volumes about both the club and the morale of the dressing room that rumours rarely really seem to emerge about it.  It shows integrity that the club doesn't use the press to unsettle players or spark bidding wars, players and their agents don't use the press to pressure the club into selling them and nobody at the club seems to feel the need to break ranks and start anonymously mouthing off about internal business matters.  I think it's a sign of what a well-run professional club we've become.

Just hope the likes of Bryan, Alying, Smith & Freeman look at Flint signing a new deal & perhaps consider that a show of faith in how we are looking to progress, & join in.

Tie those key core players down, add a few (not too many, but a handful) of decent looking additions & you'd hope that momentum, positivity & togetherness that served us so we'll is maintained.

Archived