IGNORED

Women's World Cup 2015

reddogkev

Who's watching?

I might try and catch a few games, especially the England matches.

I'm interested to see how the female game has developed, whenever I've watched in the past (over 4 or 5 years ago) something about it just didn't seem right; the pace was too slow, the passes too short, the shots lacking any real venom.

Anyways, here's hoping for some cracking matches.

Come on England.....

Who's watching?

I might try and catch a few games, especially the England matches.

I'm interested to see how the female game has developed, whenever I've watched in the past (over 4 or 5 years ago) something about it just didn't seem right; the pace was too slow, the passes too short, the shots lacking any real venom.

Anyways, here's hoping for some cracking matches.

Come on England.....

Come on England indeed.

Sadly i have no interest in women's football. Like you say, it lacks all the things that make me enjoy the men's game. I'd say it's got to be the same sort of standard as well below conference level, that isn't meant as a criticism in any way And if this comes across as sexist in any way then that really isn't my intention, but it's nowhere near as entertaining.

If I happen to be wrong and things have changed since I last watched women's football then please let me know and I'll reassess.

But nevertheless, come on England.

Come on England indeed.

Sadly i have no interest in women's football. Like you say, it lacks all the things that make me enjoy the men's game. I'd say it's got to be the same sort of standard as well below conference level, that isn't meant as a criticism in any way And if this comes across as sexist in any way then that really isn't my intention, but it's nowhere near as entertaining.

If I happen to be wrong and things have changed since I last watched women's football then please let me know and I'll reassess.

But nevertheless, come on England.

I'm going to watch a sample of the games this weekend, I'll let you know what I think.

Be interesting to have a look at their standard so soon after watching the European cup final.

The standards of the women's game is certainly improving. Is no longer laughable to watch and I quite enjoy watching England play.

The women's game is attracting well qualified coaches and that has to be a big factor in the better quality.

Obviously there's less aggression in the women's game which can detract from enjoying it as much as the men's game and I'm not sure I'd pay to see a women's match regardless of the standard.

• Admin

You'll have to make some allowances for every game being played on artificial turf. A few players have been tweeting pics of their legs cut to f*** after practice sessions. Think a few will think twice before committing to a slide tackle. Would we ever see a men's WC played on plastic pitches?

You'll have to make some allowances for every game being played on artificial turf. A few players have been tweeting pics of their legs cut to **** after practice sessions. Think a few will think twice before committing to a slide tackle. Would we ever see a men's WC played on plastic pitches?

Willing to play it in Qatar .....so who knows 

seem to remember a game in the USA played on plastic, but maybe wrong

I have tickets for the Final.  So look out for the flag.

The women's game has improved over the years.  I watched the Canada v England friendly last week.  It wasnt too bad.

Unfortunately, its not actually the standard of football, I have a problem with.  Its the goalkeeping.  Its beyond bad.  If they really are the best in their respective countries I really do fear for the rest.

They have sold over 1.5 million tickets, with Moncton the only place where they are struggling to sell them.  I think there is where England are playing two games, before going to Montreal to play in the Olympic Stadium.

Stevo

Archived