IGNORED

Joey Barton (Merged)

brizzlelou

Disagree. I dont think he is at all. Joey Barton is all about Joey Barton. That for me, doesnt fit in with the squad Cotts is trying to build.

Stevo

Forget about qhat he says on Twitter and look at the player. He is a player that will run through brick walls all day long for his team. Chase down every ball and wear his heart on his sleeve. That is a SC player.

Forget about qhat he says on Twitter and look at the player. He is a player that will run through brick walls all day long for his team. Chase down every ball and wear his heart on his sleeve. That is a SC player.

and will headbutt players and look for a reaction to get them sent off too.... sorry but the guy is a thug, a ***** and although people rate him he's not that good. I'd much rather we brought another work horse in, one that won't bring bad publicity and act a complete *****.

and will headbutt players and look for a reaction to get them sent off too.... sorry but the guy is a thug, a ***** and although people rate him he's not that good. I'd much rather we brought another work horse in, one that won't bring bad publicity and act a complete *****.

I think SC may think that he would be able to change those traits he has and may see it as a challenge.

Ok I will forgive his twitter rants.  Yes he will run through brick walls and run all day.  He will chase down every ball and wear his heart on his sleeve.  That is an SC type of player. Agreed.  But that is not the whole player.  That is just a percentage of what he brings.  He is at times unmanageable.  When I say that, its his off the field stuff.  He would be the type of player that would look at "Little old Bristol City", be far too big for his boots and become problematical.  We would probably love him for 90 mins and cringe for the times in between.  Honestly, I don't want a player like that.

For me that is not an SC type of player.

Thats cool fella, we can agree to disagree.  Its kind of academic anyway as his wages would be off our radar.

For me, much better out there, that will offer more on and off the pitch.

Stevo

if he signed for city the best thing I could imagine seeing is 10 gas heads kicking him round the centre!!! he is a ******* disgrace to the game I just hope he gets a horiffic injury and is forced to retire instead of ripping off another club and bowing out

Jody Morris and Nicky Hunt... Posters have opined.....The mere mention of those two names makes me feel i have a leech on my back.

All things considered i am finding it hard to think how we could possibly have recruited two more irrelevant players for our immediate needs.

It still blows me away and sends shivers down my supporting spine. Signing someone like that would be Joey Big Bollox Barton. Collectively we would need our heads tested for alzheimers if we did and we can kiss goodbye, in less than a month, to our brilliant changing room.

Jody Morris and Nicky Hunt... Posters have opined.....The mere mention of those two names makes me feel i have a leech on my back.

All things considered i am finding it hard to think how we could possibly have recruited two more irrelevant players for our immediate needs.

It still blows me away and sends shivers down my supporting spine. Signing someone like that would be Joey Big Bollox Barton. Collectively we would need our heads tested for alzheimers if we did and we can kiss goodbye, in less than a month, to our brilliant changing room.

Was going to post along these lines but no need, as this says it all far better than I could have. 

I certainly wouldn't break the bank to bring him here, but I'm surprised at how many people can't see that he has certainly learnt and matured after his days as a youngster.

No doubt he used to be a little SYNT but he has certainly grown up over time.

If he would come to us within our wage structure then I can see the benefits of having a genuine team leader in the squad.

I personally wouldn't want him here. The blokes a liability and his baggage outweighs his ability as a player. Pretty average now and on big money. He's on the way down and this is the type of player and personality we should be looking to avoid.

I personally wouldn't want him here. The blokes a liability and his baggage outweighs his ability as a player. Pretty average now and on big money. He's on the way down and this is the type of player and personality we should be looking to avoid.

This plus several million. The only reason to have him would be so we could tell our plastic mates that we had a player they'd heard of. Not, I think, a reason that would impress Cotts :nono:

Good player no one could deny that surely... If he didn't have a screw loose then I would have thought 6-7 years ago he could have been an England regular..,.technically very good and fantastic engine

Agreed on the second part of your remark for sure. However, in my humble opinion, the definition of a good player is one that is a complete player or at the very least verging on that. In order to be one of them, aside from the obvious attributes of being good on the ball, you have to be reliable and trustworthy and simply get on with people in a team spirit type of way.

Barton is about as reliable as a car coming off the Longbridge line in the mid 70's and equally as predictable and that is being kind. I suppose a better example might be a Triumph Stag.. their engines used to blow up just when you were half way to your destination leaving you totally stranded.

Not something we need nor want in a well oiled dressing room thanks very much.

To say its a no brainer not to have such a player is something of the understatement of the year.

Archived