IGNORED

Wade Elliott Has Accepted The Job As Bristol City's Under-21 Manager

Touch_my_butter

Great news and a move I've mooted since early in his City career.

Though finding coaching positions for players just because they were long serving or popular is imo a terrible policy which should in almost every case be avoided, the argument for keeping this comparatively short serving but rightly popular character on the staff is overwhelming.

A model pro, a clearly intelligent and well spoken individual and a terrific role model for our younger players to look up to and attempt to emulate.

He'll be a ideal conduit between the younger players and a manager he clearly admires and gets on with, and in the short to medium term - he'll go on to manage in his own right imo. - continue to be a tremendous asset to the club in his important new role.

I could not have put it any better. Our Club is going in the right direction after years of waste and misery.

Pleased that he has decided to stay on and start a new career with us. As someone alluded to earlier, it's going to be tough to judge him if we continue to play our U18's in a very tough U21's league. People may have to look past results and look into the development of the players. Certainly they couldn't have a more professional guy to learn from.

Delighted that Wade is staying, he seems an ideal fit for the role.

Who did he replace?

Is Brian Tinnion still involved in the youth set up?

Tinman is Head of Youth Recruitment and seems incredibly committed to the role, which is great to see.

Archived