IGNORED

Premier League Released List

Flintsaysnonono

Abou Diaby is a hell of a player just a shame he can't play more then 5 times a season

Always rated him very highly.

I thought he would break through into the first team much more. Disappointed for him.

Hope he finds a good club, on the up with bags of potential and good chance of prem football in a year from now.... Oooooooohhhhh ;)

Arrrrrrrrgh. Haven't we been here before?! James, Shorey, Hunt, Harewood, Morris etc etc. all 'names' all totally shit. Why would any of the 'names' mentioned in this thread be hungry to play for Bristol City?! Who knew much about Williams, Ayling, Adomah, Bolasie, Lita etc etc before they signed for us? I back our scouting network these days to find more of these types of players rather than expensive has beens that live off of minor past glories and think that everything is all about living the high life off premier league wages.

Remember when we signed Adomah and the majority of us were 'who'? A few more of those moments please.

Williams was released by (or turned down) Villa tbf

• Admin

Always rated him very highly.

I thought he would break through into the first team much more. Disappointed for him.

Hope he finds a good club, on the up with bags of potential and good chance of prem football in a year from now.... Oooooooohhhhh ;)

A career marred by injuries. Only made 22 appearances in the last 4 seasons due to his many many weeks out recovering from them. 

Id have Lundstram here england international all the way through the youth ranks and captain of u18s. Poor moves to yeovil and blackpool did him no favours has good vision and passing ability. Im sure there will be alot of interest in him

For me, the only players of any interest on that list would be :

Enda Stevens  - Villa.

John Lundstram - Everton

Brad Jones - Liverpool

Jordan Lussey - Liverpool

Greg Leigh - Man C

Tom Thorpe - Man U

Rory Donnelly - Swansea

Jordan Archer - Spurs

Sean Maguire - West Ham

Not saying all or any of these will make it at Championship level (some have more potential to do so than others), but they are all young enough to improve sufficiently to become 'worth' something in the transfer market.

I don't see any of these moving to another Prem club at this point in time, so I think all are achievable targets.  None of them may be considered good enough for our first 11 at this time, but all are good enough back-ups right now with incredible potential in some.  None would break the bank salary-wise.

That's where I'd be looking on this list, rather than the likes of Barton, Zamora etc etc....

Should he be on your list given the criteria yo have set? Not saying we shouldn't look at an experienced keeper, mind.

Should he be on your list given the criteria yo have set? Not saying we shouldn't look at an experienced keeper, mind.

Very good spot Mr Uno. My mistake, I thought it was Lloyd Jones, the young CB, not Brad the old keeper. Scratch him off the list, I definitely don't want him!!

How has Guidetti (a 23 year old with 28 goals in his last 53 games) ended up in the same bracket as Zamora and Barton, bizarre.

Because he's reasonably well known. We've had a few of them before and they weren't very good, which automatically means that any player that you might have heard of will be crap.

Because he's reasonably well known. We've had a few of them before and they weren't very good, which automatically means that any player that you might have heard of will be crap.

Assuming it's a dig at me so ill answer. What would a player like Guidetti possibly want to come to Bristol City for apart from money?? That is why I have listed him in the same sentence as Zamora and Barton. Nowt to do with age, I just don't belive he would come to City unless we paid more than any other team. Whereas a player like Agard for example who probably turned down more money from Leeds to join a club that he believed would be a good move for his career.

Guidetti is a ridiculous shout whichever angle you look at it.

Archived