IGNORED

Apparently We're All Anxious

GrahamC

Summer Anxiety  

267 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He does, and maybe those points would have been debated if the reported had resisted bashing the supporter-base ;)

And the 1 comment before his on the Post website asked him a question. The interactions I saw on twitter asked him questions. A few people refuted the label he put on us.

In fact the only person I've seen doing any kind of "bashing" is Mr Stockhausen. Just put your hand up and say you judged the vibe wrong & we all move on. If we don't after you admit a mistake we are just dicks and not worth worrying about.

Not that you'll read this advice of course.

Bashing, seriously? Calm down dear.

Andy is a decent local journalist, doing what local journalists do. He must be finding it tough to get a story at this time of year, particularly with so little activity in the market. I think anxiety about signings is pretty inevitable, so he's not far off the mark. However, he is a journalist trying to find a story, and normally I find him pretty supportive of the activities of Bristol City, so I'd suggest we give him a break.

I know a guy who works with him, all this talk of Rovers biased in the EP etc is absolute tosh, both guys who write about City and Rovers are cockneys, no elegance to either club, just doing their job

More bullshit from a 4th rate sports "journalist"

This place would be in meltdown of we were anxious,

The fact that 2 of our best players and another pretty good play has signed contract extensions is more important then a signing imo

Exactly. We have already made 3 of the best signings we could have hoped for this summer, in Elliot, Flint & Bryan and another pleasing one in Pack.

Most transfer business doesn't begin to happen unti July anyway.

• Admin

I know a guy who works with him, all this talk of Rovers biased in the EP etc is absolute tosh, both guys who write about City and Rovers are cockneys, no elegance to either club, just doing their job

To be fair it is not what they report it is based on what the PAPER reports

PS Don't think you meant to say elegance?

According to Stockhausen this morning fans are getting "anxious by the perceived lack of action in the transfer market".

What utter bollocks, it isn't even the middle of June for ****'s sake.

Ive always thought the man was a tosser , I've got no time for him , where does he get this info from ???

Here's a novel idea for No News June.

Why don't the Post, for 23 days of the month, run an article each day on the opposition Bristol City are due to play next season?

Give us an in-depth report on their squad, their ambitions, their potential recruitment, maybe even a little stadium guide or something for us to use when we visit.

For me, this would be a much better use of the space, giving us plentiful information about the season ahead, but I fear it might be too much work for a local journo to undertake.

Why don't the Post, for 23 days of the month, run an article each day on the opposition Bristol City are due to play next season?

Give us an in-depth report on their squad, their ambitions, their potential recruitment, maybe even a little stadium guide or something for us to use when we visit.

For me, this would be a much better use of the space, giving us plentiful information about the season ahead, but I fear it might be too much work for a local journo to undertake.

I'm sure that as soon as somebody puts such researched articles up on here, The Post will be straight on it..!

If no one's making signings yet, what use would that be?

You makes I laugh H.

If no one's making signings yet, what use would that be?

A damn sight more than reporting a blatant misconception (at best) as fact.

Anyway, I don't think Harry's suggesting probable formations/tactics etc... just a sufficiently detailed but brief overview of club history, review of last season, their players;key men; fan's favs and then a few of the headlines from recent news pieces/ transfer rumours. I think it's really a brilliant suggestion.

For what it's worth I believe that this reporter is kept at arms length by the club, I suspect SL isn't overly keen by some of his more 'barbed' comments about the club, I believe he is only spoon fed what the club decides to feed him.

There is no panic about signings, because most fans trust the way things are shaping at the club, gone are the days of panic/journeymen/signings for the sake of numbers (well hopefully of course). The signings have to be right.

FFS the post earlier this week ran a poll about whether Joey Barton would be a good signing for BCFC, what a desperate crock of shit that is for a newspaper.

The post should take a leaf out of the Swindon advertisers book, every week there are interesting articles about the club, prospective signings, possible players leaving, interviews with released players and interviews with former players. The post is a total rag and the sports journo's and sports coverage are/is shabby.

That is my opinion.

"Journalist anxious to find enough stories to fill the space required shock!"

I've been there: Try getting a single bloody news item for the Cheddar Valley Gazette for God's sake, so I empathise.

Still doesn't mean it isn't bollix though...

OTIB is the epitomy of hyperbole & over-reaction yet all in here seem quite calm and are just enjoying the contract renewals at the moment. Bored maybe but not anxious.

However, if you replace the word "supporters" with "local journalists" it makes much more sense.

I'm not anxious about activity but am concerned that an otib poster is using epitomy and hyperbole in the same sentence! :)

I don't know if anyone has realised, but it is the eleventh of June and we haven't signed ANYONE!  No keeper, no full back, no midfielder and not a single striker.  

I was saying this to some bloke in the bar at cricket earlier this week.  He asked me if I was 'anxious' at least 12 times.  I steadfastly refused to commit my inner feelings to him until each request was accompanied by a pint, bought by him.  Obviously, I then agreed that I am indeed anxious about the situation (I'm a naturally anxious type, all round).  After nearly a gallon of cider, he started to seem like quite a nice old stick if I remember rightly.  Unfortunately, after the twelfth admission to him that I am indeed anxious, I can't recall too much about him. Amongst the hazy recollections, I seem to remember that he was something to do with wine making or fence erection as I remember him talking about 'Press' and 'Post' every time he asked if he could quote me.

I hope that the pleasant time I spent in his company hasn't led to any misunderstandings.  I love you all

:mf_sleep:

• Admin

I don't know if anyone has realised, but it is the eleventh of June and we haven't signed ANYONE!  No keeper, no full back, no midfielder and not a single striker.  

I was saying this to some bloke in the bar at cricket earlier this week.  He asked me if I was 'anxious' at least 12 times.  I steadfastly refused to commit my inner feelings to him until each request was accompanied by a pint, bought by him.  Obviously, I then agreed that I am indeed anxious about the situation (I'm a naturally anxious type, all round).  After nearly a gallon of cider, he started to seem like quite a nice old stick if I remember rightly.  Unfortunately, after the twelfth admission to him that I am indeed anxious, I can't recall too much about him. Amongst the hazy recollections, I seem to remember that he was something to do with wine making or fence erection as I remember him talking about 'Press' and 'Post' every time he asked if he could quote me.

I hope that the pleasant time I spent in his company hasn't led to any misunderstandings.  I love you all

:mf_sleep:

Was he moving his car afterwards? If so I hope he wasn't matching you pint for pint ;)

Was he moving his car afterwards? If so I hope he wasn't matching you pint for pint ;)

Bang on ten thousand posts IanM???  Does the clock stop there or is this a big anniversary for you?  If so, may I be the first to say blah, blah, blah, etc, etc, etc mate

• Admin

Bang on ten thousand posts IanM???  Does the clock stop there or is this a big anniversary for you?  If so, may I be the first to say blah, blah, blah, etc, etc, etc mate

Clearly it doesn't stop there as Aizoon has over 20k  :read:

If you search hard enough amongst those 10k posts you may even find one that's decent, insightful or funny. Probably not though.  :blush:

• Admin

Little and Elliott both signed on 25th June , I expect signings this year to come a week later

Wade Elliott Birmingham Free 25 Jun, 2014

Mark Little Peterborough Free 25 Jun, 2014

Luke Freeman Stevenage Signed 26 Jun, 2014

Korey Smith Oldham Signed 27 Jun, 2014

Aaron Wilbraham C Palace Free 02 Jul, 2014

Luke Ayling Yeovil Signed 08 Jul, 2014

Kieran Agard Rotherham Signed 21 Aug, 2014

Last Summer's signings ^^^

Interesting to note that those were all signed to be 1st choice in their positions.

This Summer I don't expect us to sign more than 3 or 4 1st choice players. I would then expect us to pick up a handful of young players with potential to flesh out the squad and develop into 1st team contenders.

Wade Elliott Birmingham Free 25 Jun, 2014

Mark Little Peterborough Free 25 Jun, 2014

Luke Freeman Stevenage Signed 26 Jun, 2014

Korey Smith Oldham Signed 27 Jun, 2014

Aaron Wilbraham C Palace Free 02 Jul, 2014

Luke Ayling Yeovil Signed 08 Jul, 2014

Kieran Agard Rotherham Signed 21 Aug, 2014

Last Summer's signings ^^^

Interesting to note that those were all signed to be 1st choice in their positions.

This Summer I don't expect us to sign more than 3 or 4 1st choice players. I would then expect us to pick up a handful of young players with potential to flesh out the squad and develop into 1st team contenders.

Pity the post couldn't be arsed to do what I understand is something called 'research' before printing yet another inane piece in their rag.

Archived