IGNORED

Well Done Lee Haskins

i hate rovers

I don't think he really cares about football. Sanigar may be Gas through and through, so he may heave been swayed by him, but I don't think we can claim Haskins as genuine Gas :(

the young lad on lees undercard big gas head not long turnt pro .....wont on about lee.

the young lad on lees undercard big gas head not long turnt pro .....wont on about lee.

I was there last night, and one of the fighters, a lad called Josh Baker was proudly displaying City's crest on his shorts. As for Lee, terrific knock out and a great night for Bristol.

I don't think he really cares about football. Sanigar may be Gas through and through, so he may heave been swayed by him, but I don't think we can claim Haskins as  genuine Gas :(

Apart from on here, I've never seen any reference to Chris Sanigar being a gashead. Here's some info for you. In my younger days at the White hart Briz, Chris Sanigar used to come in all lonely looking for company. We got friendly (not gay) and I took him to attend city matches, as well as joining other lads for nights out in town. It must have been for best part of a season and there was no hint of him liking Rovers. Perhaps things change and he got a new boyfriend. By the way, if anyone knows him, can they ask him for the tie I lent him to get into the Rank, it was bottle green and brown diagonal stripes.

Apart from on here, I've never seen any reference to Chris Sanigar being a gashead. Here's some info for you. In my younger days at the White hart Briz, Chris Sanigar used to come in all lonely looking for company. We got friendly (not gay) and I took him to attend city matches, as well as joining other lads for nights out in town. It must have been for best part of a season and there was no hint of him liking Rovers. Perhaps things change and he got a new boyfriend. By the way, if anyone knows him, can they ask him for the tie I lent him to get into the Rank, it was bottle green and brown diagonal stripes.

I'm on nodding terms with Chris, and he is most definitely Rovers. I have seen him at plenty of away games and I was chatting to him at a boxing show my son was fighting at and we were talking about Rovers. Admittedly that was about two years ago, so if he has changed boyfriends again, he could well be supporting someone else ;)

He wasn't wearing a tie last time I saw him.

I'm on nodding terms with Chris, and he is most definitely Rovers. I have seen him at plenty of away games and I was chatting to him at a boxing show my son was fighting at and we were talking about Rovers. Admittedly that was about two years ago, so if he has changed boyfriends again, he could well be supporting someone else ;)

He wasn't wearing a tie last time I saw him.

I think he lost the tie, that's why we never saw him again until he was on a boxing night on telly, about four years later. To be honest he was a bit of a loner, we never knew where he came from or where he disappeared to, now we know.

Well he generally sits near me at the Mem and I guess he is probally a season ticket holder. Most of the Bristol boxing community are pro Gasheads.

couldn't help not notice the tramp with the yellow football shirt on poking his nose when sanigar was being interviewedps anyone remember when sanigar put advert in post about something or am I dreaming it

Not dreaming it happened and basically protested his innocence which he was

Well he generally sits near me at the Mem and I guess he is probally a season ticket holder. Most of the Bristol boxing community are pro Gasheads.

I didn't furkin dream what happened in my life. I don't give a shit where he sits, it has probably served his purpose to attend a club who's fans have an association with punching.

As an amateur who trains at Bristol Boxing Gym and knows most of the lads, it's true, City fans are in the minority. Sanigar is most certainly gas and gives I some grief over it. Haskins I assumed was gas because he was down to play in the charity football match for Rovers.

The only pro lad I know who is openly City is Josh Baker. Wears purple shorts with our club crest on.

As for the show, it was a great night and a great KO. Shame about the venue. Can't wait for Bristol to finally get a stadium it deserves.

As an amateur who trains at Bristol Boxing Gym and knows most of the lads, it's true, City fans are in the minority. Sanigar is most certainly gas and gives I some grief over it. Haskins I assumed was gas because he was down to play in the charity football match for Rovers.

The only pro lad I know who is openly City is Josh Baker. Wears purple shorts with our club crest on.

As for the show, it was a great night and a great KO. Shame about the venue. Can't wait for Bristol to finally get a stadium it deserves.

As a boxfitter who know basicly no one I'll often wear my city top. I think Ash Lane favours the blue few too.

Just a few questions here.

1. Has the location of the Empire club had anything to do with  those attending it being Rovers supporters?

2. Is it not expected that the majority of working class estates being north of the river might be the reason for more Rovers fans being boxers? I'm not being classist but you don't get many boxers come out of more well to do areas.

3. Is there more history of boxing north of the river?

Two thirds of the city are north of the river approximately (276,000 inhabitants), with further urban areas beyond those. Just like city fans in general there does seem to be more visible signs of Rovers than City within Bristol, apart from the city centre and south of the river. The majority of our support obviously comes from the south side of the city (152,000 inhabitants), and the region as a whole and I believe that we've always had a higher class supporter, given the historical locations, standard of football, facilities and greater success. So it stands to reason we've got  a lower percentage of people attending AG who are likely to be boxers. 

Just a few questions here.

1. Has the location of the Empire club had anything to do with those attending it being Rovers supporters?

2. Is it not expected that the majority of working class estates being north of the river might be the reason for more Rovers fans being boxers? I'm not being classist but you don't get many boxers come out of more well to do areas.

3. Is there more history of boxing north of the river?

Two thirds of the city are north of the river approximately (276,000 inhabitants), with further urban areas beyond those. Just like city fans in general there does seem to be more visible signs of Rovers than City within Bristol, apart from the city centre and south of the river. The majority of our support obviously comes from the south side of the city (152,000 inhabitants), and the region as a whole and I believe that we've always had a higher class supporter, given the historical locations, standard of football, facilities and greater success. So it stands to reason we've got a lower percentage of people attending AG who are likely to be boxers.

I moved to Yate 9 years ago and was always told it was a gas area -

Well for a so called Gas area there seems to be a hell of a lot of Lads in City shirts/polos etc walking about, I see more City than Gas.

I moved to Yate 9 years ago and was always told it was a gas area -

Well for a so called Gas area there seems to be a hell of a lot of Lads in City shirts/polos etc walking about, I see more City than Gas.

I'm sure that towns on the fringe will have their fair share of City fans, as anyone would most likely need to drive to matches anyway. As City have been the more successful club for at least fifty years, bar a couple of blips, you'd imagine a greater support in the region which is what I was saying. Within the City boundary I'd say it's about fifty fifty but their supporters like to shout about how great they are and have no shame when wearing a scruffy rugby styled shirt with no class. They thrive on adversary and being unusual, take their nickname for example.

Archived