IGNORED

Albert

BCFC Jordan

Lets be honest Albert's crossing was at times woeful but he would run his socks off every week. We football fans can be a fickle bunch but I think if you see a guy giving everything every time he goes out onto the pitch he'll win over the vast majority of fans no matter his faults. 

Lets be honest Albert's crossing was at times woeful but he would run his socks off every week. We football fans can be a fickle bunch but I think if you see a guy giving everything every time he goes out onto the pitch he'll win over the vast majority of fans no matter his faults.

This is true.

I swear if I played for City and just chased every lost cause into touch, I would be adored by a large percentage of the AG faithful...

...of course Albert could actually play football...

This is true.

I swear if I played for City and just chased every lost cause into touch, I would be adored by a large percentage of the AG faithful...

...of course Albert could actually play football...

Horribly close to the truth :facepalm:

If I had Jet at one side of a room and Albert the other... Both calling my name to 'go to them', I'd go to Albert.

He's my bigger love.

JET had way more ability than Albert and is a far superior player,

IMO (prepares to get slated) Freeman will also prove to be a far superior player than Albert for us.

JET had way more ability than Albert and is a far superior player,

IMO (prepares to get slated) Freeman will also prove to be a far superior player than Albert for us.

then you need to ask yourself why has Albert shined in the championship and has never shined above league 1?

Ability & application are 2 completely different things.

Indeed, but usually those with the best ability have the best ability because they apply themselves properly. That may be why generally someone like Albert take steps forward with each move until they find their level, why players like Freeman may fall back once but rise like he/they do and someone like JET has until now largely been declining.

I think JET has done very well from BCFC in these two years and I also believe had he not joined us and had these two managers he probably wouldn't have been on QPRs radar. But for SOD to build his confidence and then SC to break him and drive him to add more to his all round game I think his stock would be much lower.

Indeed, but usually those with the best ability have the best ability because they apply themselves properly. That may be why generally someone like Albert take steps forward with each move until they find their level, why players like Freeman may fall back once but rise like he/they do and someone like JET has until now largely been declining.

I think JET has done very well from BCFC in these two years and I also believe had he not joined us and had these two managers he probably wouldn't have been on QPRs radar. But for SOD to build his confidence and then SC to break him and drive him to add more to his all round game I think his stock would be much lower.

you could say Jet almost left here the finished article.i dont care what others say,he could defend,he did have pace and we all know how skillful and tricky to play against he was up front.

Albert got found out here and was marked out of the game a lot of the time,there was nobody else to create when this happened.

Jet could handle this better but the team also had other options should he get stifled out.

Alberts success at boro could be largely down to them having other dangermen thus not allowing such concentrated marking on him.

Albert got found out here and was marked out of the game a lot of the time,there was nobody else to create when this happened.

That tends to happen when you're the only threat a team possesses. Stick a few men on the best attacking player and you don't have to worry about the rest. JET had the advantage of playing in a successful team. Albert was held back by his teammates at City and has since done well at a successful Championship team.

you could say Jet almost left here the finished article.i dont care what others say,he could defend,he did have pace and we all know how skillful and tricky to play against he was up front.

Jet could handle this better but the team also had other options should he get stifled out.

Alberts success at boro could be largely down to them having other dangermen thus not allowing such concentrated marking on him.

I agree with you JET is leaving here a classy player. I am really skeptical QPR was the right move because I think they might struggle this year. I also think he's going to London too soon. But if they do perform well and my misgivings about him in London are misplaced then I'd back him to be leading the charge and to earn QPR several millions.

As for Albert I think you're unfair. If JET was in that side of ours he would've been marked out the game and just as impactful as Albert, no more in my opinion. It's easy to stick two or 3 on and one on the support man when a team has zero additional threat. That he was given such attention, and he certainly was, is testament to him as a player. Even watching the odd Boro game this season he was getting that treatment. One thing I would say, he definitely seems to have improved on the killer ball.

Archived