IGNORED

England Under 21's

Super

Yes, I know what 'off the ball movement' means, I don't understand your reference to Sven.

His england team was the last I saw that were able to do this. Mclarens England was just a diabolical mess, Capello was far too negative and currently well I don't know what our philosophy is. One game its high tempo counter attacking football, the next its back to slow and lethargic sideways passing along the back 4.

His england team was the last I saw that were able to do this. Mclarens England was just a diabolical mess, Capello was far too negative and currently well I don't know what our philosophy is. One game its high tempo counter attacking football, the next its back to slow and lethargic sideways passing along the back 4.

So you're saying that the England players don't know how to do 'off the ball movement' since Sven left, and that's what is causing us to be unsuccessful?

I couldn't possibly agree!

So you're saying that the England players don't know how to do 'off the ball movement' since Sven left, and that's what is causing us to be unsuccessful?

I couldn't possibly agree!

they know how to do it, they demonstrate it for their club sides in a weekly basis. But at national level it doesn't click - that's got to be down to the coaching surely?

It is causing us to be unsuccessful, just watch how Spain won their euros and World Cup. They pass with intent and they work as a whole unit, each player moving to create options for the man with the ball. When we play internationals our players are just so static and lethargic with the ball.

Trouble with your thinking is that these players were real talents... They are not, they are good players at premier league level and with the British style of play... They really are not that talented at the world level. As long as people keep thinking British football is the dogs bullocks then people will always question how English teams managed to fail.

The answer is easy the premiership is propped up by half decent foreigners that make our token English players look good. Put a load of English players together then you realise how bang average they really are.

Exactly my thoughts as well.

Archived