IGNORED

Williams Stand Seats

TinMan's left peg

I am the city fan that works at the aformentioned reclaimation yard. The seats from the Williams stand have been saved from being 'recycled' ie destroyed. They had to be removed in a very tight timescale and if it were not for the contractor's sense of history and hard work, that is exactly what would have happened to them. The contractor has made no extra money from us reclaiming them. We will be lucky to break even after the work required to make them available for sale.  It upsets me greatly for someone to suggest that we found them 'in a skip' . Many thanks. Maggsy

Thanks Maggsy. In an ideal world I think people probably would've liked the club to sort it themselves with any money being fed back to the community trust but as you say, due to the current build these were in danger of being lost all together so I'm very happy you saved a few. Also thanks for your help and hospitality, my lad had great fun at your reclamation yard that day! I'll get you a pint in the Coopers when I see you

Many thanks to you Tinman's left peg. There is no time for sentimentality in large costly projects like the new Ashton Gate, just a fact of life unfortunately. Glad you enjoyed the yard

Looking forward to the start of the new season and that pint! Regards, Maggsy

Thought I heard that there were indeed some being kept for the museum?....   Initially we didn't know what the BDR stood for but now knowing the association with the Dolman family I would agree lends further importance to preserving some for public display .  I shall do my best to keep some aside to donate back to the club if need be.

Anyone know if any of these seats are being saved for the museum? Would be nice if they were, they are not after all items bought from a catalogue but were specifically made for the club by Harry dolman's company.

Also I seem to recall (probably late sixties/seventies) Harry D patented cheat free turn-styles that counted number of people clicking through them making more accurate gate receipts and crowd numbers easier to audit (& harder for 'gatemen' to skim and pocket beer money')

Hope some of those BDR turn styles are still around somewhere, its Bristol, club and general football industry history, one should be in the club museum if available (infact it'd be great if one was available to 'click through' on entry :) ) ..... Bet they've all sadly been scrapped by now though.

Are there any left for purchase maggot?

Maggsy sorry.

Dawn predictive text

And sausages for fingers as in damn not dawn.

Would be fair to say iv had a mare there

Christmas now I'm speaking to myself

Oh ffs.

I meant christ I am speaking to

Just forget it

City1984. You've just cracked me right up. Ha ha.

Awesome! Reads just like one of my. Mum's texts! I'll buy you a beer in the coppers too city1984

The coopers! Aghh! Now I'm at it too!

:) Thought the above quotes deserved to be collected together - enjoy! :)

Archived