IGNORED

Upper Dolman Exits

I don't think so many people will leave early for two reasons:

A) As there are more exits and the stand will clear more easily and quickly. There simply won't be the need to.

B) By leaving early you will almost immediately be heading inside the Dolmn stand and miss any late minute and injury time action. No longer will there be an option of a slow walk along a row, down the steps, along the walkway, down more steps and low pitchside walk where you won't miss a moment (but the people still sitting do).

As others have said wait and see. Anyone would think we were the first football ground in the country to be introducing these type of exits.

I don't think so many people will leave early for two reasons:

A) As there are more exits and the stand will clear more easily and quickly. There simply won't be the need to.

B) By leaving early you will almost immediately be heading inside the Dolmn stand and miss any late minute and injury time action. No longer will there be an option of a slow walk along a row, down the steps, along the walkway, down more steps and low pitchside walk where you won't miss a moment (but the people still sitting do).

As others have said wait and see. Anyone would think we were the first football ground in the country to be introducing these type of exits.

Stop chatting sense you bell end.......

Since you're so aware of the problems heaven and hell, I'm still waiting for you to suggest the solution....

The exit points are 5 rows into the lower section, great for them coming down but shite for those sat in that area.

Why have no exit stairwells been built into the top section either at the back or mid section.

Enforced cross hatch areas with professional stewarding to stop people lingering would help but that won't happen.

I have had to move to our new seats because of extra family members coming along we unfortunately had to move from great seats with great company but I just know what's install next season......... Stood up last five minutes!

It will be interesting to see how the new arrangement affects the behaviour of certain dolmanites. My guess is that you will still see more people leaving their seats early than in the other stands simply because that is what they have been conditioned to do over many years. In fact it's been happening since the stand was built.

Watching live football since 1976 and unlike a lot on here well aware of where problem areas are

What we used to do in 1976 was take a wooden stool to stand on. Little tip for you there. Perhaps if everyone brings one to the game, there will never again be any problems with those pesky early leavers.

It will be interesting to see how the new arrangement affects the behaviour of certain dolmanites. My guess is that you will still see more people leaving their seats early than in the other stands simply because that is what they have been conditioned to do over many years. In fact it's been happening since the stand was built.

Perhaps for the first few games but 1) they'll soon realise exiting is a much quicker affair and 2) they won't be able to watch the end of the game at the bottom of the stand anymore. Therefore I think you'll see less initially because of 2) and over time further less because of 1)

The problem with the old exits were not just that there were two but that everyone merged into those two exits. Nobody should need to merge into a queue anymore.

I also think in season 16/17 the stand will be less occupied than recent years because the majority of people will want the new facilities and leg room in the new stands..

The exit points are 5 rows into the lower section, great for them coming down but shite for those sat in that area.

Why have no exit stairwells been built into the top section either at the back or mid section.

Enforced cross hatch areas with professional stewarding to stop people lingering would help but that won't happen.

I have had to move to our new seats because of extra family members coming along we unfortunately had to move from great seats with great company but I just know what's install next season......... Stood up last five minutes!

You want even more exits at a higher level? It's the Dolman stand, not the Nou Camp! Six exits for a stand the size of the Dolman is more than adequate. You may wish to consider the fact that the top tier at Wembley only has one exit per block. Indeed, virtually any single-tiered stand of Dolman-size will only have exits at one level (check out Madejski, St Mary's, Cardiff City Stadium for example).

You're also not really listening to the very good reasons people are giving you why this won't be a problem any more - more exits, less reason to leave, less people per exit therefore not creating bottlenecks.

Well said sir

You want even more exits at a higher level? It's the Dolman stand, not the Nou Camp! Six exits for a stand the size of the Dolman is more than adequate. You may wish to consider the fact that the top tier at Wembley only has one exit per block. Indeed, virtually any single-tiered stand of Dolman-size will only have exits at one level (check out Madejski, St Mary's, Cardiff City Stadium for example).

You're also not really listening to the very good reasons people are giving you why this won't be a problem any more - more exits, less reason to leave, less people per exit therefore not creating bottlenecks.

No, not more exits just thought it would have made more sense for the exits to be higher. Let the majority of the upper tier get out from that area.

No, not more exits just thought it would have made more sense for the exits to be higher. Let the majority of the upper tier get out from that area.

If the exits were higher, those at the bottom of the stand would have to walk up to them.

Then your view would have been blocked

Even though it will not directly affect me because I will be in the South Stand this coming season, I must admit to being a little disappointed that there aren't entrances and exits ( not using the v word to placate Dolly) at the top of the stand with staircases from the top directly to ground level.

I suspect that if this had been a new build, they would have been incorporated but not installed due to cost and perhaps it would have taken too long.

I have used Dolman in the past, both at front of original stand and up in the gods. I would not sit at front due to sun and rain. The back would be fine if high level voms were there.

Even though it will not directly affect me because I will be in the South Stand this coming season, I must admit to being a little disappointed that there aren't entrances and exits ( not using the v word to placate Dolly) at the top of the stand with staircases from the top directly to ground level.

I suspect that if this had been a new build, they would have been incorporated but not installed due to cost and perhaps it would have taken too long.

I have used Dolman in the past, both at front of original stand and up in the gods. I would not sit at front due to sun and rain. The back would be fine if high level voms were there.

Exits at the top as well as the bottom would be massive overkill for a stand the size of the Dolman and I cannot think of any new single tiered stand of equivalent size in the entire country that has this. Even the top tier at Wembley requires you to walk up to the top.

Exits at the top as well as the bottom would be massive overkill for a stand the size of the Dolman and I cannot think of any new single tiered stand of equivalent size in the entire country that has this. Even the top tier at Wembley requires you to walk up to the top.

Just look at the south stand.. Nobody complaining about that?

I don't know if it's already been mentioned, but the way the voms have been designed, leavers from the upper tier will be filtered to both the left AND right of the exit, which I believe is the most efficient & possibly safest way of getting large volumes of people through an exit quickly. (That's from watching a programme about crowd management).

Just look at the south stand.. Nobody complaining about that?

Indeed. We've redesigned the stand in a way that matches countless examples across the country - not to mention everywhere else in our own ground - and still people are moaning about it.

It's as if moaning about Dolman access is a tradition the must be maintained regardless of the facts.

To be fair no one really knows if this will cause a problem for between heaven and hell next season. It's highly likely that less people will leave early for said reasons above and exiting will also be much quicker with several extra exits now in that stand. Having said that, he does make a valid point that those who do leave early might slow up around the exit areas, linger a little bit and therefore create a queue which might block his view. Ultimately we just don't know yet. It's all speculation.

What we do know is that there are no other solutions than what we are already doing. Higher vorms would solve nothing and be impossible to link up with the concourse. All stands of similar size have one exit per block. That's the norm and doesn't cause problems at other grounds so don't think there's too much cause for panic here.

I'd suggest that we keep an open mind and see but I suspect everything will work fine with that new stand.

I wonder how many 'why do I bother?' moments Mr Lansdown has if he reads threads on here?!

I know people have concerns about Ashton Gate and want the new build to tick every box regarding their requirements but let's keep a bit of perspective here.

We'll end up with a fantastic new stadium which will be the envy of many clubs.

In every sports stadium I've been in around the world people can be a nuisance by blocking the view of others when exiting.

It's not worth bothering too much about.

Archived