IGNORED

Upper Dolman Exits

Is the upper Dolman having additional stairwells built into it.

I'm sure I saw this mentioned somewhere before, but looking at the new photos published today there's no sign of this happening.

Anyone know ?

Nope, just the new ones currently being installed. Significantly better access than previous!

Nope, just the new ones currently being installed. Significantly better access than previous!

Oh no,this was my worry and the reason I asked the question .

We have three seats towards the back of the new lower section, now I am worried that there will be streams of people using the new exits and we won't see sod all. I can't see how this has improved the situation apart from reducing the number of people at the front by the pitch.

Also there are still going to be streams of people coming from top to bottom of the upper section from 85 mins onwards p.ssing people off same as before.

Bloody great!

Oh no,this was my worry and the reason I asked the question .

We have three seats towards the back of the new lower section, now I am worried that there will be streams of people using the new exits and we won't see sod all. I can't see how this has improved the situation apart from reducing the number of people at the front by the pitch.

Also there are still going to be streams of people coming from top to bottom of the upper section from 85 mins onwards p.ssing people off same as before.

Bloody great!

The only reason the dolman started to empty was because it took forever to get out of the thing. With improved exits there will be less people leaving early.

Stop being another forum drama queen

The only reason the dolman started to empty was because it took forever to get out of the thing. With improved exits there will be less people

leaving early.

Stop being another forum drama queen

You've missed the point totally bell end.

People will be pouring down from the top section and those in the back rows of the lower will have their views totally screwed.

Before calling someone a drama queen perhaps you should think about the original question.

The problem has not been resolved just pushed further down.

People will be pouring down from the top section and those in the back rows of the lower will have their views totally screwed.

Before calling someone a drama queen perhaps you should think about the original question.

There will probably be fewer people leaving early, though.

There are also now more exits via which those people can leave, so the people that are leaving will not be as concentrated in one place, and views will at least be disrupted for a shorter period.

Also, as opposed to walking along directly in front of a load of seats, they will be walking next to a few seats, thus only disrupting certain angles instead of the whole pitch.

Plus, it will not lend itself in the same way to people leaving their seat and hanging about at the front. If they're coming down they will have to keep moving.

It's not perfect, but then that's true of any stand, ever, and it's certainly an improvement.

Don't think you've got too much to worry about, but certainly hope it works out.

• Admin

No they won't, it's all been designed so this will no longer be the issue

They need to have the exits somewhere. Perhaps it wasn't the best idea to buy seats in that area if it bothers you so much.

Bless, what a sensitive soul. Maybe you should stay at home if your worried about a few people getting in your way. Your view will be hindered as much as anyone else's since the whole point of having exits where they are is that anyone wishing to leave can exit the stands in decent time.

You don't know this will happen. Maybe wait and see what happens after the first game eh?

If you look at the latest photos, I can't see how it will effect those in the lower back seats. The exits are just a few steps down, turn left or right, then disappear.

You shouldn't have anyone in front of you except the people sat in front of you, like anywhere else in the stadium.

Two things I know for sure, there will be issues around those exits for people sat in the back rows as all the people from above will be flooding down and f..king it up for those below and secondly you are a sarcastic bell end.

You don't know anything for sure because you and everyone else hasn't set foot in the stadium.

Let's just see what happens

If you look at the latest photos, I can't see how it will effect those in the lower back seats. The exits are just a few steps down, turn left or right, then disappear.

You shouldn't have anyone in front of you except the people sat in front of you, like anywhere else in the stadium.

I was looking at the photos posted on the supporters twitter page yesterday showing the seats being installed.

Do you really think that the back 4/5 rows won't have their view obscured by people coming down from above.

People pausing at the top of the mouth to exit the stand causing a Que behind them!

I was looking at the photos posted on the supporters twitter page yesterday showing the seats being installed.

Do you really think that the back 4/5 rows won't have their view obscured by people coming down from above.

People pausing at the top of the mouth to exit the stand causing a Que behind them!

But there won't be queues because less people will leave early and those that do will go straight down the stairs.

Two things I know for sure, there will be issues around those exits for people sat in the back rows as all the people from above will be flooding down and f..king it up for those below and secondly you are a sarcastic bell end.

Your making assumptions. Your view won't be impeded any worse than someone who's sitting in same sort of position as you in the south stand.

Still I could be wrong, which would be nice.

But there won't be queues because less people will leave early and those that do will go straight down the stairs.

Won't leave early! Christ man this is Bristol City were talking about. Have you ever noticed how old the people are that leave early you won't change them, also the stand will be full every week and people will want to leave.

It depends on what part of the stand you're in but no I can't see it being much more a problem than anywhere else. You might have trouble looking up the line, if play is there and that's about it.

Welcome to watching live footie.

They have added many more exits than there were previously, which will mean fewer people will have a reason to leave early and those that do will be distributed more thinly across the stand, thus eliminating bottlenecks. This therefore replicates the situation in every other stand in the ground and, indeed, every modern stand in the world.

If that isn't a solution to the problem, can you please suggest what is?

Won't leave early! Christ man this is Bristol City were talking about. Have you ever noticed how old the people are that leave early you won't change them, also the stand will be full every week and people will want to leave.

It doesn't cause an issue on other stands though does it?

It depends on what part of the stand you're in but no I can't see it being much more a problem than anywhere else. You might have trouble looking up the line, if play is there and that's about it.

Welcome to watching live footie.

Watching live football since 1976 and unlike a lot on here well aware of where problem areas are

They have added many more exits than there were previously, which will mean fewer people will have a reason to leave early and those that do will be distributed more thinly across the stand, thus eliminating bottlenecks. This therefore replicates the situation in every other stand in the ground and, indeed, every modern stand in the world.

If that isn't a solution to the problem, can you please suggest what is?

Since you're so aware of the problems heaven and hell, I'm still waiting for you to suggest the solution....

Archived