IGNORED

Bath City

Redmycolour

I don't know who will be playing at Bath, but here are a few things I learnt from the Brislington / Keynsham friendly game:

I was stood by the bench for the 1st half, so I could hear Cotts do a lot of shouting.

He said "Not bad, but we don't play like that" when a long ball was pumped into the area towards Wilbraham (It didn't happen again).

He was interested in us getting round the back and crossing, which was often poor and too hard - though we did create a lot of chances with shorter passes. Though as others have commented Reid and Burns don't look good enough for Championship level. Wilbs could have had two but was denied by the keeper both times. Flint put a free header past the post.

Wade Elliott got two of the academy players to warm up during the rain by saying "it's only water" (then Scotty was quick in with the waterproofs). Though 'Wade' is a good name for someone in the pouring rain...

There was a sign asking for people to buy combined membership / season tickets for Brislington, as the changing rooms desperately needed upgrading. This did appear to be true walking past them - they did seem to be lacking a door, which is pretty basic in my book.

Finally, Cotts nickname for Marlon Pack may cause offence if taken out of context.

Especially if repeated with the same frequency and volume at, say, our League Cup game at Luton Town...

I'm sure the away attendance would be boosted by a signing in the next hour or two. Not holding my breath though.

The away attendance would be boosted by my boss saying "it's a nice sunny evening. Don't bother about working, close up and go and have a nice evening with your mates at football"

I think that is far more likely...!

Archived