IGNORED

Banning Orders

i hate rovers

To be fair, if you've got yourself a banning order you've probably earnt it. No sympathy for those having to hand their passports in.

yeh yeh what dweeb a bit of passion sometimes gets you a ban i guess your one of those who just moan constantly

yeh yeh what dweeb a bit of passion sometimes gets you a ban i guess your one of those who just moan constantly

Love how your name is alcapone! Wannabe or what?!

Not a moaner at all and love a bit of passion but if you get yourself a banning order you're clearly a bit of a James Blunt.

Can't agree with that sorry. Over the years many fans have bewn mistreated by various police forces and stitched up.

I also agree with that. Being mistreated by the police does happen. My point though is that to have ended up with a banning order it can't be a complete miscarriage of justice and the perpetrator must have done something wrong. You don't just go along to a football match and come home the next day with a banning order unless you've acted like a *****.

Wrong place wrong time?

Possibly, but no smoke without fire. I refuse to accept that those with banning orders (and let's be honest, that's a tiny number of people from any fan base) haven't justified their ban in some way even if they might have got a bit of harsh treatment. Like I said, it's not normal to go to the football and come home with a ban. The police don't just hand them out because you called the ref a c***.

It's entirely possible for two officers to make a false statement and because of their standing the court will believe those officers over a football fan.

It's also entirely possible that our court system ends up with the occasional incorrect guilty verdict, but on the basis of that you don't assume everybody in jail has been stitched up.

The vast majority of people with banning orders have done something to earn them and deserve everything they get.

It's also entirely possible that our court system ends up with the occasional incorrect guilty verdict, but on the basis of that you don't assume everybody in jail has been stitched up.

The vast majority of people with banning orders have done something to earn them and deserve everything they get.

Beat me to it. 100% this.

I actually find it laughable that there are people on here defending those with banning orders. Fair enough, if you or someone close to you has been genuinely mistreated and ended up with one but 99% of banning orders are probably justified and their owners, complete wrong-uns.

Beat me to it. 100% this.

I actually find it laughable that there are people on here defending those with banning orders. Fair enough, if you or someone close to you has been genuinely mistreated and ended up with one but 99% of banning orders are probably justified and their owners, complete wrong-uns.

What about the young lads who got a 3 year ban for letting off a smoke bomb at Stadium MK? No prior offences. Technically, they have banning orders and will have to hand their passports in.

It's a tangent really - but they shouldn't have banning orders and shows that not everyone that has one is dangerous or unruly - in their instance, they made a silly choice in a stadium full of CCTV and had the book thrown at them. City hardly backed them up either apparently.

I also agree with that. Being mistreated by the police does happen. My point though is that to have ended up with a banning order it can't be a complete miscarriage of justice and the perpetrator must have done something wrong. You don't just go along to a football match and come home the next day with a banning order unless you've acted like a *****.

You do not have to commit a crime to receive a banning order. Bans are now frequently issued by civil courts not via criminal courts.

The Police if they see fit can apply to the civil court to ban anybody who they consider and classify to be part of a risk group, or an associate.

Banning order legislation was meant to deal with"organised" football violence. The reality is the Police have been misusing it to ban people regardless of the severity of crime committed at football or in some cases not.

What about the young lads who got a 3 year ban for letting off a smoke bomb at Stadium MK? No prior offences. Technically, they have banning orders and will have to hand their passports in.

It's a tangent really - but they shouldn't have banning orders and shows that not everyone that has one is dangerous or unruly - in their instance, they made a silly choice in a stadium full of CCTV and had the book thrown at them. City hardly backed them up either apparently.

Out of interest, just why should city have backed them up? If someone got a banning order for letting off smoke bombs, which is illegal to do in this country, and something that city were very publicly discouraging last season, then surely they deserve no backing from the club whatsoever.

In fact I'd say I'm very disappointed in the club if they gave them ANY support a it gives out mixed messages. It's not as if people letting off smoke bombs weren't warned a million and one times that they are illegal.

Whether or not you agree with the law is another thing completely, but your disagreement should not be a reason to ignore it and bitch about it when caught and punished with something everyone was threatened with. (I realise you're not the person who was banned, but I do think your point us very very flawed.)

It's entirely possible for two officers to make a false statement and because of their standing the court will believe those officers over a football fan.

I've seen a fair few heavy-handed, questionable coppers down the years at AG and beyond. I've seen far more idiots giving it the big one and acting like thugs.

It use to be but not these days everything is on camera

Pyrotechnics are illegal in a football stadium and could of come with a 6 month prison sentance so yea they brought it on them selfs

Archived