IGNORED

Dziekanowski

1991-1992

v Southend (h) on debut 2-2 att: 9,883

v Leic (FA Cup) (a) the following week 2-1 att: 19,313

v Wolf (2) (h) 2-0 att: 11,623 (and this a couple of weeks after getting a 1-1, [ R.Osman!] up at Moulinex. I'll buy those points for this season off you, right now)

v Oxford (h) 1-1 att: 12,402 (Ray Atteveld's debut)

1992-1993

v Pompeii (h) 3-3 att: 15,301

v Charlton (h) 2-1 att: 9,282

Total: League 7, Cups 1 (grand total 8)

And no I own no history books. Just a goddam amazing memory.

Nice work!

Warren Barton own goal but was credited to super Bob in his very last game for the club....

Now that was sickening, we sold Bob Taylor for peanuts, only for Jackie to come in as a replacement.

I really wanted to the see the pair of them play together :-(

1991-1992

v Wolf (2) (h) 2-0 att: 11,623 (and this a couple of weeks after getting a 1-1, [ R.Osman!] up at Moulinex. I'll buy those points for this season off you, right now)

1992-1993

I'm sure he definitely scored our goal in 1-4 cup defeat at forest, the round after the Leicester game.

Solid pros who never let you down are so so important and equally valuable and I've always appreciated guys like Andy Llewellyn, Gary Shelton, David Harle, Bobby Hutchinson, Kenny Stroud, Trevor Tainton, Steve Galliers, Glyn Riley, Colin Cramb, Nicky Morgan etc...

The guys who ran their hearts out for the shirt, the guys who cared as much as we did in the Enclosure, the guys who wanted to win the match as much as us.

What I'm trying to say is, in wider circles no-one remembers the solid guys, they remember the guys with flair, skill, outrageous individualism and rather than criticise, we should feel grateful that Jacki played for us, but equally grateful that he had the solid guys who gave him a platform to show his stuff....

People remember Jackie because of those all too rare flashes of brilliance but to say he was the "best I've ever seen" is pushing it just too far imv.

Watching Scott Murray gave me far more enjoyment than Jackie ever did.

People remember Jackie because of those all too rare flashes of brilliance but to say he was the "best I've ever seen" is pushing it just too far imv.

Jackie on form was the best I have seen but he didn't do it often enough to be considered my best ever

I don't see any contradiction between those two. Scott was, and is, one of us.

Remember the two versus Wolves. Tuesday night game and was in 88/90 minute iirc?

Was later than that, Tom - I lost my car keys when the 2nd went it, didn't pass my test until 91

Must have been more like 92/93 (actually, Huntstile has done the work for us!) 91/92....long time ago, but will never forget that night

Just what is the obsession?

Somewhere along the lines of Northski but with the BS4 on Tour detail. But more to the point i think obsession is a little strong; he was very well liked for what he did for obvious reasons. Absolutely to be saluted for that; supporters appreciation and player alike. 

He scored more off the pitch than on it! And got pissed before a game, many more times than he scored for the team!

Gazza and Best-esque... often happens to the wizards.

Without a doubt, he's the best player I've seen in a City shirt in my 40 years of watching footie at the Gate. He came to Bristol with the reputation of being the Polish George Best and totally lived up to the name, in every sense, as I understand it.

Happy Days

For short spells he did. Emphasis on short.

1991-1992

1992-1993

Don't believe you can recall that amount of detail sorry my babber. You would have to be on hallucinogens that crystallise the brain for the last 30 years. I think the attendance v Pompey was 15,302 give or take a couple of nibblers who climbed over the back of the EE wall. ;)

Archived