IGNORED

City Slowly Vanishing (Merged)

Hartcliffe red

What's that got to do with anything,you can dippy who you like wherever your from still born as Bristol South end

It is very simple.

Older fans will remember Bristol City positioned itself as the Pride of the west. Some of Bristol Sport's positioning of BCFC looks to be quite different.

You can dippy who you like .. Does not make sense.

We are Bristol City Football Club!

I understand SL and his dream that many sports clubs in the City of Bristol will prosper with his financial and business help.

Selling the name of Bristol to other investors will aid the realisation of his vision.

But while agreeing with his ideals, I believe that the best way to "sell" sport in Bristol, is to highlight the full individual club names on all equipment and merchandise.

All the clubs must retain their separate identities and by doing so, the sum of all the parts, will become better known.

We are Bristol City Football Club!

I understand SL and his dream that many sports clubs in the City of Bristol will prosper with his financial and business help.

Selling the name of Bristol to other investors will aid the realisation of his vision.

But while agreeing with his ideals, I believe that the best way to "sell" sport in Bristol, is to highlight the full individual club names on all equipment and merchandise.

All the clubs must retain their separate identities and by doing so, the sum of all the parts, will become better known.

we are Bristol City football club now,your right

Will will never be just known as bristol. It makes no commercial sense to drop city from our name as it has been for years and years. They do know that at bristol sport. Bristol sport is the umbrella, with many clubs beneath it. The city part helps identify us as the footballing arm of the wider picture. I can't understand why people are getting so upset at a training top. Though it is Abit of a naff top, I see city's crest, and the word bristol, which indicates to me 'pride of bristol'

you may not see the word city placed in the bottom of the dolman anymore but who cares, the word Bristol along the top indicates the fact that we must respect that two teams, owned by the same man now do play at Ashton gate so to a certain extent we must be inclusive and just having Bristol there covers both teams, the seats are still red.

Things change, this is a business and Bristol sport and the rugby ground sharing help us more than they hinder us so stop finding every little thing to get upset about and trying to find something to rally against.

I don't see the problem, we're Bristol City but I think Bristol Sport's plan is essentially to corner the sporting sector of Bristol, by taking control of "Bristol" it's almost as if we're making Rovers less important to Bristol. 

I think there is some very clever business psychology going on, showing Unity between all of these different sports within Bristol but essentially leaving Rovers out in the cold.

That said I could be reading too much into it :P

I don't see the problem, we're Bristol City but I think Bristol Sport's plan is essentially to corner the sporting sector of Bristol, by taking control of "Bristol" it's almost as if we're making Rovers less important to Bristol.

I think there is some very clever business psychology going on, showing Unity between all of these different sports within Bristol but essentially leaving Rovers out in the cold.

Yeah I think you are!

Hull Tigers ? No thanks

Bristol ? No thanks

Don't mess with history or expect a huge revolt.

I don't think SL is that stupid.

All seats will be red come the start of the season or are shown to be on all renderings and rightly so. We are waiting, still, for Monks to confirm it.. Monks?.. where rrrr uuuuu ? Lets be avin' you? !

I have a horrible feeling that is exactly what SL is trying to do, and I think it would be a mistake on his part.

I am 50 years old, and in my lifetime I would guess we have finished above you in a league table 3, possibly 4 times? Maybe not even that , and the chances of us finishing above you again during my life are pretty minimal, and to try and get rid of a rival that really isn't much of a threat is odd.

I think 'Bristol Sport' is doomed to failure.  There may well be football fans who like rugby, and vice versa (not forgetting the swathes of basketball fans) , but I think fans of each club want to follow them as their own independent identity and not as some manufactured brand.

I have a horrible feeling that is exactly what SL is trying to do, and I think it would be a mistake on his part.

I am 50 years old, and in my lifetime I would guess we have finished above you in a league table 3, possibly 4 times? Maybe not even that , and the chances of us finishing above you again during my life are pretty minimal, and to try and get rid of a rival that really isn't much of a threat is odd.

I think 'Bristol Sport' is doomed to failure.  There may well be football fans who like rugby, and vice versa (not forgetting the swathes of basketball fans) , but I think fans of each club want to follow them as their own independent identity and not as some manufactured brand.

I partly agree with you, it is unlikely football fans will become passionate rugby vans and vis versa, however, as a casual Bristol Rugby fan I am more likely to watch them now they are in the Bristol City family and play at Ashton. I only went to the Mem 3-4 times to watch Bristol but especially if there are deals for BCFC season ticket holders I will watch Bristol Rugby more frequently at Ashton.

You sometimes have to wonder if the club are on a wind up when they do stuff like this?

More likely is that there is a genuine agenda to brand us 'Bristol' and along with the seats in the Dolman there is a clear indication of what Bristol Sport want Bristol City to look like going forward.

I think the Supporters' Trust need to be asking some serious questions of the Club right now and its intentions for Bristol City.

Archived