IGNORED

Tns Tonight

22A

S4C showed the Champions League match between TNS and the Hungarian League Champs tonight.

TNS played some good football, but most of it was in their own half. After about 70 minutes they did start threatening, but then conceded the only goal in the 76th minute.

Looking at that Oswestry stadium I suddenly realised why the game kicked off at 7.00pm; no floodlights! Where would TNS play home legs if they progress to the later stages of the Champions League.

Valetta, capital of Malta which has a smaller population than Wales, has floodlights at their ground, but they only qualified for the Europa League. To move up the English pyramid system, each tier has increasingly stringent requirements of stadium facilities. Seems odd that UEFA don't for their prestigious competitions.

S4C showed the Champions League match between TNS and the Hungarian League Champs tonight.

TNS played some good football, but most of it was in their own half. After about 70 minutes they did start threatening, but then conceded the only goal in the 76th minute.

Looking at that Oswestry stadium I suddenly realised why the game kicked off at 7.00pm; no floodlights! Where would TNS play home legs if they progress to the later stages of the Champions League.

Valetta, capital of Malta which has a smaller population than Wales, has floodlights at their ground, but they only qualified for the Europa League. To move up the English pyramid system, each tier has increasingly stringent requirements of stadium facilities. Seems odd that UEFA don't for their prestigious competitions.

Possibly Wrexham I would think... I am sure they played there before.

I have been to a few night matches at TNS and they have floodlights. Quite a few of the fixtures of the coming season are night games and I believe they have to have them to meet the EUFA licence criteria. They have the option to move to Wrexham if drawn against a bigger club like last season where one of the Polish Teams brought about 5,000 fans over.

Archived