IGNORED

Striker In..... What Next?

brad blit

And another French one would be fine to settle them both in a little better.. i reckon we are looking at at least 2 players from France now. 

Said the same yesterday, perhaps there's another French speaker in the pipeline to help the transition

As for what's next - we all know where we need bodies, I don't care what order they come in, as long as they come in. Maguire would be great, but I can't help thing he's out of our reach financially, and I don't see Bentley coming to sit on the bench, FF must be no 1 going into the season after last year.....barring bad backs / broken metatarsals

And another French one would be fine to settle them both in a little better.. i reckon we are looking at at least 2 players from France now. 

A big downside to buying French players, are that many of them represent African Nations and are away for the African Cup of Nations....thankfully the next one isn't until 2017.

A big downside to buying French players, are that many of them represent African Nations and are away for the African Cup of Nations....thankfully the next one isn't until 2017.

This lad seems to be spoken everywhere as French, though admittedly of Ivorian birth; don't know what his plans are, but may not want to represent Ivory Coast.

Another centre mid, definitely. It remains to be seen if Pack will cut it in the Championship

I've got confidence in Pack but nonetheless it's an area where we're light after Saville going and Elliott retiring.  In a perfect world, I'd like to see us end the summer with a goalkeeper, right-wing back, two centre-backs, two centre-midfielders and one more striker - potentially with Wagstaff and El-Abd departing to make way for the new recruits as I don't see them playing too much.  I don't think we'll see that many in reality but I think 5 more players are an absolute must to give us enough cover for next season...  

This lad seems to be spoken everywhere as French, though admittedly of Ivorian birth; don't know what his plans are, but may not want to represent Ivory Coast.

Both his parents are Ivorian, apparently, but as he hasn't ever been called up by them (and they have a very strong set of forwards) this bit is academic at present.

As for who next, as others have said we need another four more by the time we face Sheffield Wednesday, so as long as we bring in a keeper, defender, midfielder and another forward by then the order is immaterial.

Following Cottrell's "we can concentrate on other area's now" comment, which position do you think we will sign a player for next?

Im going for a Right Wing Back as cover/competition for Little as it is a weak spot for me.

little a weak spot talk is getting boring

I think it's quite telling that SC brought in a loan player last season to help out in midfield and at right back - so I'd expect both those areas would need boosting.

Also, with the loss of JET and Wadey, we're now short of a number 10/striker to replace Freeman or another striker if there are injuries.

That's the bare minimum, and a loan keeper should suffice if need be.

It wasn't necessarily a dig at Little, but I feel we don't have good competition there with Wagstaff & Ayling both better suited to central roles and only 'emergency' backup for the position.

Quite gutted Tavernier wasn't signed but trust in Cotts to have someone else lined up

It wasn't necessarily a dig at Little, but I feel we don't have good competition there with Wagstaff & Ayling both better suited to central roles and only 'emergency' backup for the position.

Quite gutted Tavernier wasn't signed but trust in Cotts to have someone else lined up

I think that Ayling played most of his football at right back prior to last season? I'm sure I remember people on here worrying about how he'd adapt to the more central role.

Archived