IGNORED

O'leary The Goalkeeper

reddogkev

Might have missed this somewhere, maybe in one of the Portugal threads, but who is this young keeper?

I don't even know his first name (sounds disrespectful to the chap, so please accept my apologies Mr O'Leary)!

Thought he deserves a thread as he's played the last 2 matches and only conceded 2 goals.

Is he good enough to be the deputy for Fielding?

Might have missed this somewhere, maybe in one of the Portugal threads, but who is this young keeper?

I don't even know his first name (sounds disrespectful to the chap, so please accept my apologies Mr O'Leary)!

Thought he deserves a thread as he's played the last 2 matches and only conceded 2 goals.

His name is max and he is the road warrior

• Admin

Am told that he is the best of the up and coming keepers that are currently on our books. Clearly need a plan B if Fielding's back doesn't improve during the season.

He wouldn't be the first young keeper to be chucked in at the deep end and make a decent career!

Doesn't seem that long ago that some young lad called Steve Phillips was being given his debut

Am told that he is the best of the up and coming keepers that are currently on our books. Clearly need a plan B if Fielding's back doesn't improve during the season.

He wouldn't be the first young keeper to be chucked in at the deep end and make a decent career!

Doesn't seem that long ago that some young lad called Steve Phillips was being given his debut

Fielding a back isn't to bad he is flying back out to Portugal to play Saturday apparently

According to twitter he had a good game last night and couldn't do nothing about the goal. If Frankie is 100% come August 8th then I say we just have O'Leary on the bench and if FF goes out of form or gets injured, get a loan in. No point signing a new GK if they are only coming here to warm the bench.

Max is still only 18. He's been with the academy since age 10 and presumably seen as a better keeper at this stage than JoJo Wollacott, who is the other keeper out in Portugal and on the training videos. JoJo is the same age, think last season he went out on loan to Weymouth?

Didn't make any mistakes last night, his kicking is rather good. Defence were confident playing the ball back to him.

Only negative could be he didn't come out to claim corners, but Frankie doesn't either.

Perfectly fine to be on our bench this season.

Max is still only 18. He's been with the academy since age 10 and presumably seen as a better keeper at this stage than JoJo Wollacott, who is the other keeper out in Portugal and on the training videos. JoJo is the same age, think last season he went out on loan to Weymouth?

Had no idea he was only 18, very impressive to get two games under his belt for the first team already.  Did Wollacott manage to get any game time?

He was on the bench at home to Bradford under SOD when Frankie was injured for one game.

Think this is great to see and brilliant for his development, but at Championship level you need 2 senior keepers, so I still expect one to arrive before we play Wednesday.

He was on the bench at home to Bradford under SOD when Frankie was injured for one game.

Think this is great to see and brilliant for his development, but at Championship level you need 2 senior keepers, so I still expect one to arrive before we play Wednesday.

Why do you need two? You can only play one and the loan market is there if needed,

Archived