IGNORED

O'leary The Goalkeeper

reddogkev

Why do you need two? You can only play one and the loan market is there if needed,

Because if Fielding wakes up on Saturday morning with a vomiting virus or a sudden onset of a back injury or the like and we're away at Wolves, Boro or Derby that afternoon we're ******.

No side at Championship level tries to go with just one senior keeper on their books.

Watched Max play against Paulton Rovers last pre season and against a big strong physical side he played very well. I think he is coming along nicely. Still being young probably the best league we could hope to send him out on loan to would be Bath City's level I would imagine. The thing with having 2 senior goalkeepers on the books is that the one who is not playing consistently would need games for the under 21s to keep himself fit, therefore hindering the progress of the likes of O'Leary if he doesn't go out on loan.. By the way having watched both of the young keepers on more than one occasion I think O'Leary is the one that will make it in the game. Not too sure on Woollacott who hasn't overly impressed.

Watched Max play against Paulton Rovers last pre season and against a big strong physical side he played very well. I think he is coming along nicely. Still being young probably the best league we could hope to send him out on loan to would be Bath City's level I would imagine. The thing with having 2 senior goalkeepers on the books is that the one who is not playing consistently would need games for the under 21s to keep himself fit, therefore hindering the progress of the likes of O'Leary if he doesn't go out on loan.. By the way having watched both of the young keepers on more than one occasion I think O'Leary is the one that will make it in the game. Not too sure on Woollacott who hasn't overly impressed.

I was standing behind the goal at the recent Community Trust match at Brislington and watched Woollacott practising during the half-time break.  Certainly signs that he is a very agile keeper...

Because if Fielding wakes up on Saturday morning with a vomiting virus or a sudden onset of a back injury or the like and we're away at Wolves, Boro or Derby that afternoon we're ******.

No side at Championship level tries to go with just one senior keeper on their books.

Brentford did

Archived