IGNORED

This Year's Shirts - A Huge Step Up In Quality

kmpowell

I was one of the ones who severely slated the quality (particularly the materials used!) of last year's shirt(s), but, having had my 15/16 shirt arrive today I must say that BS have clearly listened to the feedback of last year's gripes, and have produced something vastly superior.

The difference really is night & day!

Good work BS.

I'm hoping the goalkeeper top is still poor quality.

I'm hoping they don't stock any.

I hope they'll be brilliant quality, a fantastic price, readily available in all sizes and look superb....

then you get it home only to discover the neck hole is too small to get an adult head through.

Men in there 30's and 40's waring football shirts! it's just a look that i would rather stay well away from.

Men who don't know the difference between there, their, and they're... nor can spell the word wearing. It's just illiteracy I would rather stay well away from.

I clocked a certain person at a recent friendly....probably not wise to take the pish anymore however funny.

But it was fine before?

Do you think that the comma after 'their' is necessary?

Well that depends whether you consider the Oxford comma a legitimate grammatical feature.

Yes.

No it isn't. The Oxford Comma can be useful in avoiding some misunderstanding. In this case it is entirely redundant and shouldn't be used. Try removing it and ask yourself in what way meaning had been lost.

My point wasn't to get into some ridiculous debate about grammar. The original post was perfectly understandable and it is a mystery to me why people seek to belittle others.

As you're obviously a man concerned with standards may I suggest that you also start correcting peoples' spoken English next time you're in BS3. If you can just this one thing I'd be happy to buy you a pie and a pint afterwards, although I suspect you might be eating the pie through a straw. Of course I imagine you wouldn't dream of being so rude. Why is it acceptable on a forum?

No it isn't. The Oxford Comma can be useful in avoiding some misunderstanding. In this case it is entirely redundant and shouldn't be used. Try removing it and ask yourself in what way meaning had been lost.

My point wasn't to get into some ridiculous debate about grammar. The original post was perfectly understandable and it is a mystery to me why people seek to belittle others.

As you're obviously a man concerned with standards may I suggest that you also start correcting peoples' spoken English next time you're in BS3. If you can just this one thing I'd be happy to buy you a pie and a pint afterwards, although I suspect you might be eating the pie through a straw. Of course I imagine you wouldn't dream of being so rude. Why is it acceptable on a forum?

Yes it is. Some use it, some don't. I was always taught to use the serial/oxford comma to remove ambiguity of visually joined elements in a list written on a single line.

As for your other comments; was it me who interrupted a thread with a rude/antagonistic comment, or was I just responding in kind?

• Admin

Why don't you ask that of the person whose grammar kmpowell was correcting? He was the person who brought rudeness into it. Why does it matter to him what kmpowell chooses to wear? Ok it may not be his chosen form of dress but kmpowell & others opting to clothe themselves this way actually puts funds into the club and improves the fare on offer. That is to everyone's benefit so the more the merrier in my mind.

Why does it matter to him what kmpowell chooses to wear? Ok it may not be his chosen form of dress but kmpowell & others opting to clothe themselves this way actually puts funds into the club and improves the fare on offer. That is to everyone's benefit so the more the merrier in my mind.

Thanks Ian. Incidentally, the most ironic thing in all this, is, I don't actually wear the shirts! I simply collect them. I may crack out a retro one at special and/or away games, but I wouldn't wear one normally. :)

Why don't you ask that of the person whose grammar kmpowell was correcting? He was the person who brought rudeness into it. Why does it matter to him what kmpowell chooses to wear? Ok it may not be his chosen form of dress but kmpowell & others opting to clothe themselves this way actually puts funds into the club and improves the fare on offer. That is to everyone's benefit so the more the merrier in my mind.

Well said that man.

Archived