IGNORED

Stop The Negativity.

Mamballs

Like most fans I'm very happy with the way things are at AG at the moment but common sense and years of experience tells me that it's always this way after a very successful season. It's all to do with that "feel good factor"

But....the next time City start lose a few games the tone will change, not just on here but throughout the entire fan base. All the armchair managers will reappear saying what tactics, formation and players to use. It's all very predictable but that's just the way of football fans.

I really hope that City don't go on a poor run this coming season........

Like most fans I'm very happy with the way things are at AG at the moment but common sense and years of experience tells me that it's always this way after a very successful season. It's all to do with that "feel good factor"

But....the next time City start lose a few games the tone will change, not just on here but throughout the entire fan base. All the armchair managers will reappear saying what tactics, formation and players to use. It's all very predictable but that's just the way of football fans.

As it stands, i think our starting 11 is good enough for that not to happen. I'm still confident we'll be fine come the end of the window, with a few loans no doubt. We still have 2 weeks until the start of the season, still time to get some good players in. And yes, obviously it would have been better to sort it out earlier, but for what ever reason it's not happened. As long as team spirit is still high come Sheffield Wednesday, then I'm sure we'll be fine. It's just a waiting game. 

The future looks good, but that doesn't mean people can't question legitimate concerns.

Exactly this. If we're not allowed to discuss areas of concern then we might as well switch off the forum.

Some people on here seem to struggle with the concept that you be critical or concerned about certain aspects of the club, while still remaining very positive overall about the clear progress we have made over the last year.

To be concerned about having only made one signing, with two weeks until the new season, is legitimate and doesn't discredit the achievements on and off the pitch last season at all.

...but that's exactly what will happen if we don't get some new players in quickly.

:whistle:  :whistle:  :whistle:   :whistle:  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  

Exactly this. If we're not allowed to discuss areas of concern then we might as well switch off the forum.

Some people on here seem to struggle with the concept that you be critical or concerned about certain aspects of the club, while still remaining very positive overall about the clear progress we have made over the last year.

To be concerned about having only made one signing, with two weeks until the new season, is legitimate and doesn't discredit the achievements on and off the pitch last season at all.

No-one is saying we're not allowed to post anything critical of the club. They do make serious mistakes on some matters, ticketing cock-ups for example. I'm half expecting more cock-ups with seating issues with the redevelopment of AG. If there's a problem with mine I'll be on here criticising saying how hopeless the organisation is......

No-one is saying we're not allowed to post anything critical of the club. They do make serious mistakes on some matters, ticketing cock-ups for example. I'm half expecting more cock-ups with seating issues with the redevelopment of AG. If there's a problem with mine I'll be on here criticising saying how hopeless the organisation is......

Yes they are - the original post....

"The negativity over a few seats that have problems or that we haven't bought enough players already, stop it already."

There is not much negativity, just we only have a bare squad, a new stadium with seats with restricted views in a stadium that may not be ready with no screens in the corners and stands that do not aesthetically match. We do have lots of negativity about the gash, lots of players we think they should sign with the worry that Sheff Utd may still catch us and take our place in the Championship.

We want it all!!!

The Summer of otib in a nutshell.

To be honest I'm extremely concerned for when I buy Football Manager 2016 later in the year I'm not going to have much to play with

If we are apparently looking to spend millions on multiple players we should at least have a good transfer budget and a small squad should mean a big wage budget

Indeed.

Complaining about people who have legitimate concerns seems to be something of a sport on here these days.  In essence "you're getting a new stadium and someone else is paying for it so you have lost the right to have a grown-up opinion"

In this case I think people were quite patient in waiting for feedback and were only more direct in their words once photographic evidence appeared which clearly contradicts the official messages received to date.

We'll know which people we don't need to turn to if ever this country needs a revolution!

This is so dull.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with people pointing out mistakes and moaning about certain issues.

Whilst on the whole we are in a great position it is not a good idea to assume that everything is rosey and allow complacency to creep in.  As supporters of the club we have a responsibility to keep the pressure up on the board and manager so that our success continues.

That is something that does annoy me - the idea that our management team have made mistakes.

What mistakes have they made? Not having a squad of 22 at this stage of the summer? SC could have made another 7 signings , that would have satisfied all f those people but what if they turned out to be 7 Nicky Hunts?

This is the real championship not the PS game. The transfer market is a much tougher place for us in the championship than it was this time last year in league 1, where we were a big fish in a small pond. Do any fans have any idea of the players that SC and Burt have been pursuing and of those who we have lost out to? Unless the answer is yes then how  does anyone know what mistakes, if any, have been made in the transfer market.

SC may well have set his sights on competing at the top end of the championship, and has been pursuing players that will; enable us to challenge for promotion. That type of player will attract interest from much bigger, wealthier and more attractive clubs that us so it would be of little surprise if we lost out  and have to have a long game which might mean not completing the squad until after the season has started. 

Last season showed how astute SC and Burt were in the transfer market, and although it will be tougher, why should we think they will be any less astute this time around, unless people think that SC is "only a league 1 manager"?!

Archived