IGNORED

Bobby Reid

EmersonsRed

I think this kid is good enough for the Championship. Having watched him closely whenever I can his technical ability is really up there, his only problem has been physically. Anybody who knows football knows that League One is by far and away the most physical league in England (professionally anyway), in the Championship you get much more time on the ball and you're shown more respect by opponents. 

Let's not write the kid off, all I've seen is negative comments about him. Watch.

Couldn't agree less with your assessment of league one vs the championship. League one offers you more time on the ball through virtue of the fitness levels being lesser than that of the championship. Teams will press but not for 90minutes. Physically, there's not much strength wise between the two leagues and if anything I'd say the higher caliber of player in the championship understands how to use their strength more effectively.

I haven't seen enough of Bobby Reid to judge him, I do however hope he can emulate the success of Bryan, and then we sell him on for $$$$$

Couldn't agree less with your assessment of league one vs the championship. League one offers you more time on the ball through virtue of the fitness levels being lesser than that of the championship. Teams will press but not for 90minutes. Physically, there's not much strength wise between the two leagues and if anything I'd say the higher caliber of player in the championship understands how to use their strength more effectively.

I haven't seen enough of Bobby Reid to judge him, I do however hope he can emulate the success of Bryan, and then we sell him on for $$$$$

Spot on. The Premier League is widely regarded as one of the fastest top divisions in world football; so there goes the 'higher tier = more time on the ball' idea

People seem to forget - Freeman was subbed a fair few times last season - because he had put in such full on shifts. If Bobby has improved as others say then together they can share the role with BR being the junior partner n let's see where that takes us.

Def not a challenger for Packs role - V different. He was the few times I have seen him one of the most skilfull youngsters in a City shirt n would love him to realise his fantastic potential.

I can't see that being his natural position. He us played there a few times, and is no where near as effective

Left back his his natural position, he has adapted his role to a more attacking game because of the formation we've used

I wouldn't say it is, when he first came into the squad, he was seen as a left midfielder, however it didn't work for him there, granted he has progressed lots, so he may be able to fill that role.

Being two footed, fairly pacey and with a good cross on him, I'd have him as a left-mid over a left-back every time now.

Archived