IGNORED

That's Us Old Timers Ruled Out Then ..

swampy

For the Leeds fixture, purchasers must have a booking history with the club of at least two games from the past two seasons. 
Read more at http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/cotterill-offers-update-on-transfers-2583831.aspx#12RRSzpUz5iDbZGS.99

We never had this nonsense in the old days .. Gibson Ford Briggs Parr Conner Low  .. 

Is it any surprise I cannot be bothered anymore??

Hash tag non league rules!

For the Leeds fixture, purchasers must have a booking history with the club of at least two games from the past two seasons. 

Read more at http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/cotterill-offers-update-on-transfers-2583831.aspx#12RRSzpUz5iDbZGS.99

We never had this nonsense in the old days .. Gibson Ford Briggs Parr Conner Low  .. 

Do you really need it explained to you why this restriction is in place for this particular game? No, thought not.

We never had this nonsense in the old days .. Gibson Ford Briggs Parr Conner Low ..

All you ever do is make a big thing about how you don't go to watch us anymore, so why would any rules or restrictions bother you..?

It's like me complaining about the ticketing procedures for for the royal ballet.

All you ever do is make a big thing about how you don't go to watch us anymore, so why would any rules or restrictions bother you..?

It's like me complaining about the ticketing procedures for for the royal ballet.

Some might say that if you haven't been to as many as two matches in the last two seasons what God given right have you got to expect a seat when one of the Championship bigger boys come rocking into town?

But next season the guy won't miss many matches he wishes to attend as we won't be getting 27K every week.

Some might say that if you haven't been to as many as two matches in the last two seasons what God given right have you got to expect a seat when one of the Championship bigger boys come rocking into town?

But next season the guy won't miss many matches he wishes to attend as we won't be getting 27K every week.

I agree with your first paragraph but I'm a bit lost on the point of your second...?

That he will be able to see any game that season as the restrictions won't be the same due to increased capacity? Clear point for me.

The restrictions are all about trying to keep Leeds supporters out of the City seats, aren't they?

Yes, and the away fan capacity will be much higher next season, therefore Leeds fans won't struggle to get tickets and resort to buying in the city ends.

Having a bigger away end won't stop them, personally I think it's a great idea and hope they do it when we play against a team with fans that have a similar reputation to Leeds when it comes to using home ends.

We all laughed when FGR binned loads of tickets bought by Gasheads

Why are "old timers" ruled out? Just seems like any excuse to moan

Exactly, age has nothing to do with it. It has the double positive of keeping Leeds fans out, and only rewarding those who have shown at least a small amount of loyalty to the club over the past two years. If you didn't manage to go to two games last season, of all seasons, then you shouldn't reasonably expect to get a ticket for one of our biggest games this year - however old you are.

Any genuine old timers would not be able to read this tiny font..!

Not likely to reach general sale anyway is it?

I guess it depends how many Forever Bristol memberships we have sold, but I can't imagine it reaching general sale. I wouldn't be surprised to see the "sold out" signs put up (electronically) on the official site on Monday.

What I liked was a purchasing history for 2 games over the last 2 seasons, excluding gamed against Leeds. I may be wrong, but we haven't played Leeds twice over the last two seasons.

I guess it depends how many Forever Bristol memberships we have sold, but I can't imagine it reaching general sale. I wouldn't be surprised to see the "sold out" signs put up (electronically) on the official site on Monday.

What I liked was a purchasing history for 2 games over the last 2 seasons, excluding gamed against Leeds. I may be wrong, but we haven't played Leeds twice over the last two seasons.

Likely to sell out to members, but far from certain in my opinion. 1,900 tickets made it to general sale last season for the West Ham cup game, in a stadium with 4,000 less seats than this year. I suspect a lot of last season's members will have now become STH. Will be interesting to see.

Likely to sell out to members, but far from certain in my opinion. 1,900 tickets made it to general sale last season for the West Ham cup game, in a stadium with 4,000 less seats than this year. I suspect a lot of last season's members will have now become STH. Will be interesting to see.

Plus it is holiday season, so there may be people away. Shame it isn't possible to release empty STH seats if they are away, there may be moaning about empty seats

Plus it is holiday season, so there may be people away. Shame it isn't possible to release empty STH seats if they are away, there may be moaning about empty seats

Are we sure about that? We got told it wasn't possible to do last season due to the ticketing system not supporting it. Now we have a fancy new system, it should surely be possible?

Are we sure about that? We got told it wasn't possible to do last season due to the ticketing system not supporting it. Now we have a fancy new system, it should surely be possible?

I thought it might only be possible when the stadium is complete. There hasn't been a notice to say that it is possible or what the procedure is.

Although Walsall sold out completely to Members. Members from last season may have upgraded to season tickets, but I expect many more non-members will have upgraded to Forever Bristol membership.

I thought it might only be possible when the stadium is complete. There hasn't been a notice to say that it is possible or what the procedure is.

Maybe they haven't announced the procedure yet because there is yet to be a need to do so? The excuse of Dave L last season was the archaic ticketing system was unable to cope, however, with the ticketing system seemingly completely overhauled that problem must surely have gone away.

Any genuine old timers would not be able to read this tiny font..!

What tiny font?

Maybe they haven't announced the procedure yet because there is yet to be a need to do so? The excuse of Dave L last season was the archaic ticketing system was unable to cope, however, with the ticketing system seemingly completely overhauled that problem must surely have gone away.

but surely if you know that you can't attend there needs to be a procedure to tell the club to release your seat

but surely if you know that you can't attend there needs to be a procedure to tell the club to release your seat

Agreed, season ticket holders need to be told. However, normally in such schemes there is at least a partial refund or some other incentive for ST holders to give up their seat for example Watford make a set donation to charity for each returned seat. However, the club aren't going to start dishing out refunds until all existing seats are sold.

Of course, it could be the case that whilst the technology supports such reselling of tickets, the club haven't made allowances for it being used at City.

Although Walsall sold out completely to Members. Members from last season may have upgraded to season tickets, but I expect many more non-members will have upgraded to Forever Bristol membership.

Indeed and I expect you are right. I was just using the example of the West Ham game where the draw of a big team wasn't enough to sell out to members.

Indeed and I expect you are right. I was just using the example of the West Ham game where the draw of a big team wasn't enough to sell out to members.

Agreed, but I suppose that was still early into the scheme and so less people were aware of the major benefits it provided. Being a cup game on TV I expect there were also a relatively large number of season ticket holders who didn't take their allocation for whatever reason.

Archived