IGNORED

Charity Shield Discussion

Lack of Action Man

Scraping the barrel for discussion material a little here but what's everyones predictions for tomorrow's game? And the premier league season for that matter?

Personally I think Chelsea will be a dominant force once again this season and I expectt Arsenal and Man Utd to challenge hard for 2nd place each. In terms of the game tomorrow, I can only see a Chelsea win.

Chelsea and United 1-2 in the prem for me. Probably in that order but think MU will run them close this year. Can't see it being as easy for them this time round.

As for tomorrow, I can see Arsenal springing a little surprise. A tight game which will end 1-0 to a late winner either way. I'm gonna go 1-0 Chelsea. Cech to play well.

Not sure about tomorrow but top 4 will be Chelsea, Arsenal Man City and Man U. Chelsea big favourites for me but pretty obvious they'll all be in the mix. Too predictable for my liking but that's the Prem for you.

Too predictable?

It's the least predictable of all the major European leagues I'd say.

Not sure about tomorrow but top 4 will be Chelsea, Arsenal Man City and Man U. Chelsea big favourites for me but pretty obvious they'll all be in the mix. Too predictable for my liking but that's the Prem for you.

. :laugh:,I will stick my neck out and say bayern will win the German league and barca real and Madrid will finish in the top 3 in Spain,while I'm being brave I fancy Celtic to win the Scottish prem

2-1 Arsenal today. Then everyone will expect Arsenal to win the league & they'll go on to finish 4th.

Think Arsenal have done the smart thing and not really changed much, except for getting clear number one in, which has pretty much been their requirement for two seasons, and think the rest look settled enough that they'll do much better this year, and genuinely think they'll push for top spot, most likely at the expense of Man City and Man United, the former who've not done enough to cover their defensive glitches, and the letter because they've gone out and bought a whole new squad... again, minus a commanding centre back, which they are calling out for.

So, sure this'll come back to bite me in the arse (pun fully intended), but see it being an Arsenal/Chelsea 1-2 season, with the winner really depending on how hard they push for the Champions League.  Man United for third, and Man City to get distracted by all this talk of new managers next summer, and end up missing out on top four.  Thought, knowing me, that means Man City are nailed on for top spot now...

Oh, and Arsenal to set the tone for the season by Wenger finally besting Jose today.

Think Arsenal have done the smart thing and not really changed much, except for getting clear number one in, which has pretty much been their requirement for two seasons, and think the rest look settled enough that they'll do much better this year, and genuinely think they'll push for top spot, most likely at the expense of Man City and Man United, the former who've not done enough to cover their defensive glitches, and the letter because they've gone out and bought a whole new squad... again, minus a commanding centre back, which they are calling out for.

So, sure this'll come back to bite me in the arse (pun fully intended), but see it being an Arsenal/Chelsea 1-2 season, with the winner really depending on how hard they push for the Champions League. Man United for third, and Man City to get distracted by all this talk of new managers next summer, and end up missing out on top four. Thought, knowing me, that means Man City are nailed on for top spot now...

Oh, and Arsenal to set the tone for the season by Wenger finally besting Jose today.

Still think they need a good 20+ goal a season striker & a CB to go alongside Koscielny, he's probably one of the best centre backs in the premier league after John Terry.

Still think they need a good 20+ goal a season striker & a CB to go alongside Koscielny, he's probably one of the best centre backs in the premier league after John Terry.

Can't ague on the striker, though do think they've the sort of midfield fire power that can often cover that, plus a finally (seemingly) fully fit Walcott too.

I think Paulista arriving in January maybe look like a masterstroke on the CB front; time to settle and a quality defender on his day;

They could probably do with a defensive midfielder who is a bit dirty and others hate to play against.

Arsenal miss that horrible side of the game which is needed now and again.

They could probably do with a defensive midfielder who is a bit dirty and others hate to play against.

Arsenal miss that horrible side of the game which is needed now and again.

Not too sure on that one, possibly but Coquelin was very impressive last season. If he gets injured though they really would struggle in that position.

Chelsea have won this already. Wenger is to stubborn in the transfer market. It's obvious they need players and he's signed 1... Have a soft spot for Arsenal and it's annoying to see them just settle for top 4 every year. If they went out and got 3-4 world class signings in they would probably win the league and challenge for the CL but for some reason wenger just doesn't want to spend.

Real football? I don't get this comment. So if Bristol City were to make it into the Premier League, that wouldn't be real football?

The majority of the premier league teams are watched by armchair fans, not real fans... For me football is about supporting you team in the flesh..j lost interest in the prem years ago

Chelsea have won this already. Wenger BS/SC IS TOO STUBBORN IN THE TRANSFER MARKET It's obvious they NEED PLAYERS AND HES SIGNED ONE( 1) Have a soft spot FOR BCFC AND ITS ANNOYINGTO SEE them just settle for top 4 every year. IF THEY WENT OUT AND GOT 3 TO 4 CLASS SIGNINGS THEY WOULD PROBABLY WIN THE LEAGUE and challenge for the CL but for some reason wenger just doesn't want to spend.

With a little editing this sounds a little too familiar at the moment. Hope things look better by the end of this week.

Archived