IGNORED

Owls Fan In Peace

Owl Visiting

Glad to hear you are enjoying Sheffield, if you are staying opposite Devonshire Green I'd recommend visiting The Forum (although I reckon you already will have). Nice part of the City Centre where you are, probably the nicest part actually.

I take it you'll be off to the game on Sat? You can get a tram from where you are staying straight to the ground. 

0-2

Kodjia and Wilbs.

We'll just carry on from where we left off last season; not as if the team has changed much whereas yours will take time to settle. Thrashing St. Mirren, with all due repsect, is like trouncing Alfreton or Salisbury City. You will finish mid table.

Happy memories of Hillsborough.. really friendly bunch in one of the private car parks close to the ground.. wed fans only it said but they said.. oh go on then you seem a decent brizzle lad. Nice start to the day. Good luck after saturday and when you come to our place.

Glad to hear you are enjoying Sheffield, if you are staying opposite Devonshire Green I'd recommend visiting The Forum (although I reckon you already will have). Nice part of the City Centre where you are, probably the nicest part actually.

I take it you'll be off to the game on Sat? You can get a tram from where you are staying straight to the ground.

Yep I've tried the forum, the common rooms and the frog and parrot - the last one in particular has friendly staff.

Unfortunately not! I have a wedding to attend! :(

Also how nice it is to have a public transport system like the tram. Bristol is crying out for it. Sadly our mayor is a lentil eating, sandle wearing, vegan new age hippy who wants to enforce cycling on everyone.

0-2

Kodjia and Wilbs.

We'll just carry on from where we left off last season; not as if the team has changed much whereas yours will take time to settle. Thrashing St. Mirren, with all due repsect, is like trouncing Alfreton or Salisbury City. You will finish mid table.

Happy memories of Hillsborough.. really friendly bunch in one of the private car parks close to the ground.. wed fans only it said but they said.. oh go on then you seem a decent brizzle lad. Nice start to the day. Good luck after saturday and when you come to our place.

Exactly, it was absolutely unbelievable how bad they were. Although we lost 14-0 to Alfreton in a friendly a couple of years ago! albeit with a young side.

Yep I've tried the forum, the common rooms and the frog and parrot - the last one in particular has friendly staff.

Unfortunately not! I have a wedding to attend! :(

Also how nice it is to have a public transport system like the tram. Bristol is crying out for it. Sadly our mayor is a lentil eating, sandle wearing, vegan new age hippy who wants to enforce cycling on everyone.

The Frog and Parrot is a cracking pub, one of my favourites in the city actually, if you are an ale drinker then The Sheffield Tap next to the train station is a good one.

Exactly, it was absolutely unbelievable how bad they were. Although we lost 14-0 to Alfreton in a friendly a couple of years ago! albeit with a young side.

The Frog and Parrot is a cracking pub, one of my favourites in the city actually, if you are an ale drinker then The Sheffield Tap next to the train station is a good one.

Meeting a few SW friends in the Railway Hotel close to the ground

Welcome to the sw fan,I went to hillsborough for that last minute 1 nil defeat under Wilson, it was freezing and I had a snowball thrown at me from fans outside as I was right in the front corner of the away end, it exploded hitting the stand next to me and I got covered, it was a hell of a shot though!

I predict a draw, and hopefully no injuries. The sw fan needs to keep an eye out for our big number 4 flint! 15 goals last season, big and aggressive and a massive threat from set pieces, we love him!

Much prefer Sheffield United - last time we went there they only charged a tenner. Plus it's much nearer to the city centre.  I hope they get promoted next year. This big spending project of wednesday's is a big gamble - lots and lots of new players- i think we will win next week although it will be interesting to see if SW can gel later in the season

Much prefer Sheffield United - last time we went there they only charged a tenner. Plus it's much nearer to the city centre. I hope they get promoted next year. This big spending project of wednesday's is a big gamble - lots and lots of new players- i think we will win next week although it will be interesting to see if SW can gel later in the season

You prefer a team cos they charge you less ?baring in mind you and them was in league one at the time. I am sure if we went to Bristol rovers. They would be cheaper than yourselfs ?

We also have not gambled ?we have infact been very clever in recruitment. The only thing i would agree with. It may be the time to play us While we still adapting. Saying that good players will adapt much quicker

Saying that 3-1 to Wednesday

• Admin

Hi all another owl here. Welcome back to the championship. Can't wait for Saturday. It's a new beginning for us. New state of the art score board and desso pitch. As well as the new players So it's all set up to be a cracker.

All those travelling have a safe journey

You'll enjoy the desso pitch (we got our's last season), they're like a carpet and will look & play just as good in May as it does in August.

You prefer a team cos they charge you less ?baring in mind you and them was in league one at the time. I am sure if we went to Bristol rovers. They would be cheaper than yourselfs ?

We also have not gambled ?we have infact been very clever in recruitment. The only thing i would agree with. It may be the time to play us While we still adapting. Saying that good players will adapt much quicker

Fair shout , i fancy 1 - 1 though .

to be honest I prefer yourselves to United got some Wednesday in the family but I'll think you find rovers ain't that much cheaper than ourselves!!

• Admin

Ours last season was a disgrace. One of the worse in the league.

This is basically how our pitch looked every game last season (with just a little less wear on the line the Assistant Referees ran along in the months preceding this screenshot - May 3rd)

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-04%20at%2012.39.

Hi Owly person

Was wondering if you say whether it would be better to drive to near the ground, or as my Sheff Utd supporting relatives say, get a tram from a shopping centre, forget the name , or the other option is the park and ride. What would you say is the best and quickest option.?

Park and ride from Meadowhall, about half an hour on the tram but you're bang on the M1 for the way back.

This is basically how our pitch looked every game last season (with just a little less wear on the line the Assistant Referees ran along in the months preceding this screenshot - May 3rd)

...including having had a fair bit of Rugby Union played on it by the egg chasers...

Looks great that, we are all excited about our fancy new pitch. Almost turned into a beach last season.

Meadowhall and tram to the ground, definitely.

That opening day win at Bumhole Stain was a great start to the season. Televised wasn't it?

The Derbies are a tricky one, as a 2 team city like yourselves I have many friends and family supporting the other side across the city (my brother and dad being 2, luckily I saw the light) I always feel that losing them is worse than winning them is good if that makes sense. It tends to to-and-fro between us 2 and despite us having a more successful history they have actually won more of the Derbies, every one I've been to I just feel sick with nerves. 

I'm happy to have the derbies as long as we finish above them in the league, but the more times they miss out on promotion from League 1 the funnier it gets.

You guys are always well ahead of Rovers aren't you? When was the last time you were even in the same league?

Not a clue mate, I'm too young

I was born in 1973 :cool:

Someone had worked out how many days it was not so long back, but it must be at least 12 years. Don't miss them, **** them

One of my best mates is a Wendy, so I've always had a bit of a soft spot for you guys, certainly more than the Blades. Meet a couple of them in Spain last summer, about a week after we beat them. They were lovely chaps, for a pair of right *****s

Anyway, 1-1 on Sat - good luck for the rest of the season

We took 10 points off the pair back in the 90/91 season Owl in Peace.

Double over Rovers, 1-0 at Eastville and  2-1 at ours

Drew 1-1 at the Gate in a Blizzard and our 3-1 at ours in May sealed our promotion back to the top flight....

happy days

That game wasn't at Eastville in 90/91 - the squatters had already upped sticks by that point. Well done on beating the bastards though

Our pitch was truly amazing considering the amount of games we played on it(23 + about 4 cup games). Then you think Bristol Rugby played there as well and you could never tell. Always in great shape.

We took 10 points off the pair back in the 90/91 season Owl in Peace.

Double over Rovers, 1-0 at Eastville and  2-1 at ours

Drew 1-1 at the Gate in a Blizzard and our 3-1 at ours in May sealed our promotion back to the top flight....

happy days

I remember the 1-1 at home as I broke my arm the day after playing rugby

Archived