IGNORED

7M Pound Striker?

CliftonCliff

Sorry if the title got you all excited there for a moment, but I just noticed on the BBC Sport site that Palace have signed Connor Wickam from Sunderland for the same sum that SC says he was recently quoted for a forward. Probably mere coincidence, but just wondered, like...

(I am, by the way, aware that Sunderland paid something similar to sign him in the first place.)

7m is ridiculous for almost any championship striker. Think Gestede will live up to it. Rhodes is worth a bit(not the 14m being bid for him tho).

As far as who it could be maybe Andre Gray, doubt we'd enquire about Afobe after his January to May but he'd probably command a fee. Noah Dicko I doubt is 7m. It would have to be a case of asking for something you should know is out of your range though, wouldn't it? Other young experienced English strikers would be Zach Clough, Mason Bennett, Cauley Woodrow and Gary Madine. So truth is no one will know but best guesses would be Gray and Gayle and that's only if we are sticking with the U25 scheme

7m is ridiculous for almost any championship striker. Think Gestede will live up to it. Rhodes is worth a bit(not the 14m being bid for him tho).

As far as who it could be maybe Andre Gray, doubt we'd enquire about Afobe after his January to May but he'd probably command a fee. Noah Dicko I doubt is 7m. It would have to be a case of asking for something you should know is out of your range though, wouldn't it? Other young experienced English strikers would be Zach Clough, Mason Bennett, Cauley Woodrow and Gary Madine. So truth is no one will know but best guesses would be Gray and Gayle and that's only if we are sticking with the U25 scheme

He's not worth the trouble. Believe me.

Connor Wickham however, is somewhat of a hero up here in Sheffield, we have a thread started about him most days on Owlstalk. Many managed to convince themselves he'd come back to us permanently, but wasn't he on about 50k a week or something silly at Sunderland? He's gotten far too much credit for his career so far, the only time he scored consistently was during his loan spell at us. Be interesting to see how he does at Palace.

No chance or doubt , which one ?

Either one you pick you are wrong anyway

No chance would we be able to sign him.

I doubt we even enquired for him.

I doubt I'm wrong. Completely unrealistic target. Slight possibility we might have made a 'long shot' enquiry at some point but would never have been a serious target.

Archived