IGNORED

7M Pound Striker?

CliftonCliff

It was not Andre Gray, Brentford wouldn't sell their best player and top scorer having just missed out on the playoff final to the premiership to a team newly promoted from L1.

Pretty sure Brentford are happily receiving offers for Gray. I honestly doubt he'll be at Brentford come September.

New man in charge, new philosophy at the club. They're courting clubs for a lot of their 'stars'.

Pretty sure Brentford are happily receiving offers for Gray. I honestly doubt he'll be at Brentford come September.

New man in charge, new philosophy at the club. They're courting clubs for a lot of their 'stars'.

Yep, Brentford have sold Stuart Dallas to Leeds tonight.

43 apps. last season, so not afraid to ring the changes at Griffin Park.

Also, they've brought in 2 quality strikers from Europe. They aren't afraid to shake it up it seems with their new management and recruitment. Someone that fit last season may not this season.

Also, they've brought in 2 quality strikers from Europe. They aren't afraid to shake it up it seems with their new management and recruitment. Someone that fit last season may not this season.

I'd be wary of foreign strikers....sogurdsson at Wolves cost 3 million, top goal scorer in his league....did nothing and released.

I'd be wary of foreign strikers....sogurdsson at Wolves cost 3 million, top goal scorer in his league....did nothing and released.

Well that Vibe I would be wary but that Hofman is an absolute steal without ever seeing him play in this division. 6'5 and skilled with the ball at his feet. he should thrive.

And our only signing is foreign!!! So I will not be wary! Haha

Yes Ian. Thank you for being reasonable. Haha. If they could make 2 to 3 times what they paid for him just a year later, he'd be gone. That said, 1.5m is probably too much for us considering our strike force is already strong and we've spent big on a striker already.

Yes Ian. Thank you for being reasonable. Haha. If they could make 2 to 3 times what they paid for him just a year later, he'd be gone. That said, 1.5m is probably too much for us considering our strike force is already strong and we've spent big on a striker already.

we can have upto 13 milllion debt now I assume that means wages too but I wouldn't be suprised to go for strikers around 2 million mark as that is the going rate.

I think we still need another striker unless lingard signing means only one up top however we may well mix it up sometimes one upfront maybe away and other games two up front ?

I wouldn't be surprised to see cotts mix it up a bit depending on signings . Also have to factor in we may get some money if bolaise gets sold or Albert .

I don't think we'd be in for him as he is a winger and he unlike Freeman isn't young and was less likely to be happy to change his position

we can have upto 13 milllion debt now I assume that means wages too but I wouldn't be suprised to go for strikers around 2 million mark as that is the going rate.

I think we still need another striker unless lingard signing means only one up top however we may well mix it up sometimes one upfront maybe away and other games two up front ?

I wouldn't be surprised to see cotts mix it up a bit depending on signings . Also have to factor in we may get some money if bolaise gets sold or Albert .

Yes but just because we can rack up 13m worth of debt in regards to FFP, I don't think it's in the team's best interests to do so. I wouldn't mind spending another 1-2m on another striker but I'd really like us to sure up our midfield and defense first.

I don't think we'd be in for him as he is a winger and he unlike Freeman isn't young and was less likely to be happy to change his position

No, I wasn't saying we were Mike, more using Dallas as an example of Brentford being willing to sell on established players and break up a successful team in the quest for an even more successful one using a different playing philosophy.

Archived