IGNORED

Blackpool. Authorities. Shambles.

highlandcityfan

Ok Hi All, apoogies if this is blunt but dies to connection / system etc failures, 3rd time fo typing grrr!

Anyway, here were my points;

* Blackpool fans rightly show their displeasure at the board (tho in the wrong way as far as opposition fans - huddersfield are concerned)

* Match abandoned half wy through, to the loss of time, money and general inconvenience and upset of innocent huddersfield fans

* Football Disciplinary Commission decide no redress is due to these people. 

Ok, we do live in a society becoming more and more frivolous in litigation, but really - Huddersfield fans get their afternoon balls right up by someone else, and on the last day of the season can barely see their team finish one half of a football match.

Wider concern - no real punishment for football fans bringing a match to a standstill and subsequent abandonment wth no real or immediate punishment, 

JOKE.

(and if my message wont upload this time my new laptop is heading through double glazing....!)

Cheers all, and welcome your thoughts, 

Tom

Probably needs a question to prompt debate.

Basically, is it right that Blackpool fans protested and got their game abandoned, for which the club faced little punishment.

As this could easily happen again next season, how would you feel if you were a supporter of Blackpool's opponents?

What can/should the footballing authorities do to deal with this unprecedented issue, as I feel it will continue into next season?

I work with a couple of Huddersfield fans and they all knew it was going to happen and while they felt the points should have been awarded to them, had sympathy for Blackpool fans. It made no difference to league positions and Blackpool fans feel their club is being screwed- what would you have them do?

This almost plays into the hands of the Blackpool fans protesting. One more incident like this and they get a game played behind closed doors... And that's bound to upset the shoddy owners more than the May pitch invasion. I think a handful could go for it (Which don't get me wrong, would be a shame for the rest of the Blackpool fans.)

I work with a couple of Huddersfield fans and they all knew it was going to happen and while they felt the points should have been awarded to them, had sympathy for Blackpool fans. It made no difference to league positions and Blackpool fans feel their club is being screwed- what would you have them do?

Had Huddersfield been awarded three points for a statutory awarded 3-0 win, instead of one point for a goal less draw, they would have finished one position higher (above local rivals Leeds). That would have given them slightly more sponsorship revenue.

Back on track, I see at the weekend, Blackpool were able to complete a friendly. One had been abandoned due to another pitch invasion and another called off due to a planned invasion.

Had Huddersfield been awarded three points for a statutory awarded 3-0 win, instead of one point for a goal less draw, they would have finished one position higher (above local rivals Leeds). That would have given them slightly more sponsorship revenue.

Back on track, I see at the weekend, Blackpool were able to complete a friendly. One had been abandoned due to another pitch invasion and another called off due to a planned invasion.

I have been misled! Still, they all seemed fairly sympathetic to the cause of the Blackpool fans at the time

This almost plays into the hands of the Blackpool fans protesting. One more incident like this and they get a game played behind closed doors... And that's bound to upset the shoddy owners more than the May pitch invasion. I think a handful could go for it (Which don't get me wrong, would be a shame for the rest of the Blackpool fans.)

Interesting. If the ultimate sanction for the club is fines and/or playing behind closed doors then it will hit the owners in their pockets. If collectively Blackpool fans are willing to risk bans to.take such action then I'd support them.

The friendly was played behind closed doors

Archived