IGNORED

Fantasy Football - Which Striker?

BRISTOL86

Right then, fantasy football boffins!

I'm stuck on choosing the last striker for my works fantasy football entry. I quite like the idea of choosing someone new to the premier league in the hope they are a good 'surprise package' and mist tend to base their teams on how players did in the prior year.

The added challenge is my first XI is fixed until NOVEMBER so one of the most important things is the player being a regular starter. 2 or 3 players in your first XI who aren't getting games and you're out of the running before Christmas!

Based on the budget and club limitations, the options are as follows:

- Mitrovic (Newcastle)

Highly thought of but big difference in the quality of opponent he'll be facing in the premier league. Also worried about the lack of quality in midfield at Newcastle, struggle to get good service? Though Wijnaldum will certainly help on that front.

- Okazaki (Leicester)

Always looked very sharp when I saw Bundesliga highlights. 12 goals last season in a poor team. Probably leaning towards him at the moment. Big money signing - pretty likely to be a regular starter I'd think. Leicester seem to have done a decent bit of business in the window so think they'll survive comfortably

- Joselu (Stoke)

Don't know much about this guy, but fancy Stoke to finish higher than Newcastle or Leicester. Any good? Harry?!

Of the established PL players my best choices are

- Ulloa or Vardy (Leicester)

Both did pretty well last year but suspect at least one of them will make way for Okazaki.

- Diouf (Stoke)

Decent player but will he start games with Joselu coming in?

- Valencia (West Aaaaaam)

Good player but think West Ham are going to struggle this season in general.

Who would you pick?

It's quite a tough contest actually. Is based on the telegraph one but with the budget dropped to 48m and only one player allowed from each club. And no transfers til November means it's suicide to pick players who aren't regular starters.

My provisional team is

Speroni, G Johnson, Fuchs, Darmian, Clasie, Ayew, Cazorla, Mirallas, Aguero, Benteke, Berahino

Massively top heavy but looked at the top 5 teams from last years contest and they were all the same. Not very happy with Clasie, defensive midfielders just don't seem to score well. Might have to have a rethink there.

Can't see Ings playing much when Sturrridge is back.

Bamford isn't a bad shout actually. Would mean ditching Berahino but would open up a bit more budget elsewhere.

Bare in mind Palace have City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham in their first 6 games... Could be short on points for a while.

Can't see Ings playing much when Sturrridge is back.

Bamford isn't a bad shout actually. Would mean ditching Berahino but would open up a bit more budget elsewhere.

You're probably right. Ings could be a decent short-term option. Although to be honest, i'd probably give all Liverpool players a wide berth

It's quite a tough contest actually. Is based on the telegraph one but with the budget dropped to 48m and only one player allowed from each club. And no transfers til November means it's suicide to pick players who aren't regular starters.

My provisional team is

Speroni, G Johnson, Fuchs, Darmian, Clasie, Ayew, Cazorla, Mirallas, Aguero, Benteke, Berahino

Massively top heavy but looked at the top 5 teams from last years contest and they were all the same. Not very happy with Clasie, defensive midfielders just don't seem to score well. Might have to have a rethink there.

Speroni is injured, but I always pick the reserve GK from the same team as one or the other will play, so got Hennessey starting for me.

Got Benteke, Giroud and Lambert as my forwards but will probably transfer them all out by November

My provisional team is

Speroni is injured and I have a feeling Hennessey may prove to be first choice this season anyway.

Archived