IGNORED

Burns Can Play Wing Back

Pickle Rick

indeed well done Wes,and an apology from someone who does not know what dog shit is wouldnt go amiss either,particularly to Wes father having to read that tripe,radio commentary isn't much to judge anyone by but certainly sounded  like a major threat

i honestly thought he might start over Kodjia today but didnt have to wait long . hope Joes ok too?

He is a far better player that some morons on here give him credit for.

That being said it is an indictment of our "squad" that we had to play musical chairs in a positional sense to bring him on for Bryan.

Alan Dicks converted Donnie Gillies from striker to right back with great success. Maybe Wes will follow suit. Though we may end up with 3 right backs and only 1 left back. Still makes no sense to me to let Greg go without getting a replacement first.

As someone who's spoken up for Wes on here on numerous occasions it's very pleasing to see the way he impressed today.

He looked comfortable and confident every time he got the ball, and on a couple of occasions made outstanding runs finished off by a good cross.

Should have had a penalty too - no doubt he was clipped, in fact it looked like twice to me.

For those who've said he should be loaned out, his progress will be better served here now, surrounded by good players, than being thrown in to a possibly struggling L1, or even L2, team again, with poor players around him.

Provided Cotts. gives him plenty of opportunities on the pitch of course, something I reckon he'll have made his mind up to do after today's performance.

Pleased for Wes after today. I think it just goes to show the potential he has to be able to fill in at wing back at champ level and perform so well. Let's be honest it's not a position he's familiar with but his pace and direct style will worry defenders for sure.

Fair play Wes lad. Long may it continue.

Archived