IGNORED

Abus - From Brislington To Ag Via Temple Meads (Merged)

ralphindevon

Apologies if this has already been done but I did say I would report back when I knew more.

The bus will be running again this year but because of the building work going on there is a different pick up point for the return journey.

The bus will now leave Ashton Gate from the Winterstoke Road bus stop, adjacent to KFC and Currys.

More details can be found at www.abus.co.uk the route is A.

Thanks yes saw that. Was trying to work out whether first para meant two buses from Brislington and TM both leaving at 2pm, or one bus starting at Brislington at 2pm so leaving TM at a later time. May make a difference for train times.

Sorry to be different to Ralph, the bus ticket /pass that I use on first bus and abus in the week isn't accepted on this service. Am told it was because it was a football special

I'm happy to believe this. To be fair, the driver barely looked at my ticket as I boarded with the masses.

• Admin

Thanks yes saw that. Was trying to work out whether first para meant two buses from Brislington and TM both leaving at 2pm, or one bus starting at Brislington at 2pm so leaving TM at a later time. May make a difference for train times.

Honestly don't know the answer, have only ever used the service after a match

Thanks for this. I live in Brislington and always walk to and from the ground, but often see this bus going past on the Bath Rd.

Do you know the times it runs after games? And how often? Is it reliable?

First one leaves about 10 minutes after final whistle, followed by another 10 minutes later. I've never had a problem with it except when Ashton Road was full of builder's stuff.

Thanks for this. I live in Brislington and always walk to and from the ground, but often see this bus going past on the Bath Rd.

Do you know the times it runs after games? And how often? Is it reliable?

Last season I would sprint from the Williams stand dead on final whistle and it wasn't many minutes later before the first one was off.

I have a train to catch at 5.45 and always caught it.

It did break down once when I wasn't catching the train so didn't matter.

I don't know where they'll be dropping off at AG but I don't suppose it matters much.

If/when the crowds increase next season onwards, something more than two busses to and from the stadium will have to be organised.. They've got to open the Ashton Gate Halt railway station and run regular trains to BTM, it's a no brainer!

Last season I would sprint from the Williams stand dead on final whistle and it wasn't many minutes later before the first one was off.

I don't know where they'll be dropping off at AG but I don't suppose it matters much.

If/when the crowds increase next season onwards, something more than two busses to and from the stadium will have to be organised.. They've got to open the Ashton Gate Halt railway station and run regular trains to BTM, it's a no brainer!

Indeed. Unfortunately we're dealing with Blue Trousers and BCC - no-brainers all :(

Thanks. Does it run for midweek matches?

• Admin

There's a thread on this somewhere that started.

It goes from Winterstoke rd now, somewhere near KFC / Currys.

As the game was running late I daren't risk missing my train, so walked very quickly back to TM and got there by 5.35

Merged the posts together now - did anyone catch the bus back Saturday?

Merged the posts together now - did anyone catch the bus back Saturday?

No, as the game was running so late and I had a train to catch at 5.45, I didn't dare risk getting it as I thought with it being in a new place it might go late.

I had a brisk walk and got there with 10 minutes to spare.

Archived