IGNORED

Kodjia

Langford Red

We offered nothing as an attacking force the front guys need the service.

Totally agree

The service looked terrible in midfield

And it looked like he was running quicker than we could think!

It is a big gamble to take a player to the fourth best league div, from one that is no better than probably the 10 best?

Thought is movement was good at times in the first half.... Offered not a lot at all in the second half.... but he was hardly alone.

I thought all 3 new boys added little but they have arrived too late, had no real pre-season action and are all inexperienced and playing in a team very inexperienced at this level....

Totally agree

It is a big gamble to take a player to the fourth best league div, from one that is no better than probably the 10 best?

Fourth best??? In the world???

Spain, Germany, Italy, France, Brazil, Argentina, Holland...

I'd be surprised if the championship was in the top 10

He was very poor but then most of them were. To score that many goals in ligue 2, which is much more similar to English football than most other foreign leagues, is impressive. He looks physically strong and quick when you see him on youtube. He probably is not up to fitness yet, and the same might apply to some of the others, too.

Totally agree

It's not the fourth best obviously.  It's probably the fourth richest though.  I suspect the change from Ligue 2 to the Championship is less quality and more cultural in terms of the kind of football being played.

I watched the game via live stream, he was making some good runs and looking to stretch the defence. On several occasions he made the right run without the ball getting to him. If I could say one thing in criticism it would be that he and WIlbs looked miles apart much of the time, they were either side of their two central defenders on many occasions.Perhaps he isn't used to playing off a target man?

I watched the game via live stream, he was making some good runs and looking to stretch the defence. On several occasions he made the right run without the ball getting to him. If I could say one thing in criticism it would be that he and WIlbs looked miles apart much of the time, they were either side of their two central defenders on many occasions.Perhaps he isn't used to playing off a target man?

How I saw it too. If anything I thought it was a promising debut all things considered. If he can work an understanding with those around him I thought there was plenty of movement to suggest he'll get chances.

Good technique in his long shot too. Got a very clean hit away.

Be honest

Who saw him play yesterday?

One commentator said he should be sent back to France, the way he was playing!

I saw him twice on the highlights on TV

Both times he was blatantly off side

What I was trying to say before my fingers got tangled in my tablet is that the commentator must be a complete knob to judge the bloke on one game

He was no better or worse than Wilbraham. Simple fact is we were poor in defence and midfield and when that happens it doesn't matter who is up top.

You can have the worlds best strikers but they need a supply and we offered nothing offensively.

Completely agree; could have had Messi up front yesterday, and he'd have struggled with the lack of service. Case in point it Freeman's long range shot; Kodjia's movement was decent, but no one picked him up. Watching the whole game, it was pretty clear we've not figured out how to play into hia strengths- need to have him up against defenders, and running the channels; not be lobbing the ball up to him, with no real accuracy.

Let's not write him off before he's even had more than a few touches.

The step up from ligue 2 in France to English championship is huge believe me, it is going to take time for him to settle in and learn to cope with the more physical game, the French game is virtually contact free, but I think he will be fine, given time.

I don't think it is though. I have heard many pundits saying French football is the most similar to the English game in physicality and high temp. Thats why so many come over here and look the part. To be such a success in ligue 2 is very promising. Look at him physically and it is not like a little guy coming over here who might get bullied. Big guy who looks quick. Get the team playing well and fitness levels up and he could well be a great signing.

I don't think it is though. I have heard many pundits saying French football is the most similar to the English game in physicality and high temp. Thats why so many come over here and look the part. To be such a success in ligue 2 is very promising. Look at him physically and it is not like a little guy coming over here who might get bullied. Big guy who looks quick. Get the team playing well and fitness levels up and he could well be a great signing.

The difference being unlike the pundits is I live in France and actually watch a lot of French football including unfortunately a fair amount of ligue 2 and the standard is generally shit, I can't think of too many ligue 2 players who have made a huge impact in the English game, so would interested to know of whom you are talking, the last sentence is the only sentence that is anywhere near accurate.

Archived