IGNORED

Will We Get Dwight Gayle Deal Over The Line?

B-Rizzle

Will we manage to sign Dwight Gayle?  

336 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

And as many cups of tea and coffee from the canteen as he fancies - though this may prompt rifts and jealously in the squad, as the rest of the lads are only allowed two a day.

Not after tonight they won't!

The problem is that it is now out in the public domain but in the past we did attract players like Norman Hunter, Peter Cormack, Joe Royle, but it was when we were in the Top Flight. I think out there in football land we are still seen as a little old unfashionable club who pop up now and again in the media. Sorry, but after watching them for nearly 60 years, thats the plain truth. I just hope patterns will change and SC and SL can upsell our club to possible new 'stars' for us. For gods sake if clubs like Taffy City and Swansea can attract top players, Bristol City should be able to. I have faith that we have a manager who could pull these type of signings off and a shareholder who will back him. A Gamble ?  Life's a gamble and its time for BCFC to turn the tide. Here's hoping :ill: :ill: :read: :read:

Can't see cotts talking about it like he did If there wasn't a good chance of him coming it's not the way city do business. If as papers said he snubbed us surely we would have said its not going anywhere ??!

Indeed, my thoughts entirely. Fully expecting talks between Cotts, the player and his agent today. Lets hope Steve's charm works wonders again. If we can get him to the ground then we have every chance of signing him. Wages wont be an issue as I cant imagine he is on that much at Palace seing as they were in such a financial mess only a short time ago.

The problem is that it is now out in the public domain but in the past we did attract players like Norman Hunter, Peter Cormack, Joe Royle, but it was when we were in the Top Flight. I think out there in football land we are still seen as a little old unfashionable club who pop up now and again in the media. Sorry, but after watching them for nearly 60 years, thats the plain truth. I just hope patterns will change and SC and SL can upsell our club to possible new 'stars' for us. For gods sake if clubs like Taffy City and Swansea can attract top players, Bristol City should be able to. I have faith that we have a manager who could pull these type of signings off and a shareholder who will back him. A Gamble ?  Life's a gamble and its time for BCFC to turn the tide. Here's hoping :ill: :ill: :read: :read:

Sums up most non City supporters take on Bristol City Fc we are trying to muscle in on the bigger gangs for our slice of the pie but not being big or tough enough we get slapped down.The class of Hunter,Cooper,Cormack,Big Joe , Chris Garland ect were the far off days when players played for personal pride they were household names who even the most casual of football supporters knew..As often quoted now the most average UK born player has his agent,image, cash demands,ego trailing on behind can't see this deal coming off but at least it shows City as you point out trying to turn the tide.

Even if we don't sign him ,and I believe we have a better than even money chance, it sends out a message to other potential signing targets we are willing to splash the cash to strengthen the squad. Young quality PL reserves who are not going to make it with the likes of the Manchester clubs, Chelsea, Arsenal or L'pool could be tempted on the basis that we are ambitious and will back that ambition we hard cash. So it could be a win-win situation.

Archived