IGNORED

Exciting Times Ahead!

KeepUpLino

I think with all the excitement over Lingard and now Gayle, people have forgotten about the signings we've already made.

The french Ligue 2 player of the season.

A regular starter in a team that made the playoff final last season.

A striker that did well for Preston last year.
A decent backup goalkeeper with plenty of experience at this level.

Decent additions imho that haven't had chance to settle in yet and people are talking about relegation battles. Im looking forward to seeing these signings perform well for us! (hopefully!)

I think with all the excitement over Lingard and now Gayle, people have forgotten about the signings we've already made.

Decent additions imho that haven't had chance to settle in yet and people are talking about relegation battles. Im looking forward to seeing these signings perform well for us! (hopefully!)

Excellent post and could not agree more.

I not looking at just this season, I'm looking at our club on a broader level, new stadium, ambitious Owner etc

Well we are going all corporate 'tis true, how do I feel about that? Probably a better thing for the money men but not so sure I want my club being a cash cow and the fans are merely another component in the machinery. I am getting the impression fans are being kept in the dark over many things, I love the fact that we are staying at AG but dislike the way the fans are not consulted over many aspects about the club, even down to banning e.cigs, if there ever was a place where you needed a smoke, albeit water vapor, it's AG. 

The 'broader' view is what? Rugby, Baseball, 20/20 cricket, Gigs galore,  corporate 'do's weddings and the like, well personally I will miss the smell of liniment and woodbines as much as the real experience of watching live football at the Gate. 

But that's the way we have to go, then so be it, but not for me.

The point is being missed, if you look the other way it's two strikers with little or no experience in this League and a second keeper (Absolute necessity). Looking at the bench scares me, no depth at all, few options, and if you look at the first team, again very little experience at this level. We have some talented individuals, but the squad as a whole looks inadequate for the Championship. To me, initially we just need to focus on bringing in the players who can keep us up, then start looking at progressing. Sorry to burst any bubbles, I'm just trying to be realistic.

Just thought I'd start a thread that focused on how much we've got to look forward too whether DG signs or not.

An amazing chairman totally focused on driving us into the premier league, A fantastic new stadium paid for by our legend of a chairman, and the best fans in the country!!

I would personally like to thank the Stevie lansdown for allowing us all to realistically dream of premier league football...

I never thought I'd see that day but it's here!!!

Keith Dawe is our chairman. Steve Lansdown is merely unan.

Archived