IGNORED

Exciting Times Ahead!

KeepUpLino

Just thought I'd start a thread that focused on how much we've got to look forward too whether DG signs or not.

An amazing chairman totally focused on driving us into the premier league, A fantastic new stadium paid for by our legend of a chairman, and the best fans in the country!!

I would personally like to thank the Stevie lansdown for allowing us all to realistically dream of premier league football...

I never thought I'd see that day but it's here!!!

Just thought I'd start a thread that focused on how much we've got to look forward too whether DG signs or not.

An amazing chairman totally focused on driving us into the premier league, A fantastic new stadium paid for by our legend of a chairman, and the best fans in the country!!

I would personally like to thank the Stevie lansdown for allowing us all to realistically dream of premier league football...

SL is a legend

Sir Lansdwn

It is exciting. There is an opportunity here for the club. Don't think we need to go up this season but if we can be one of those top 8 clubs and produce exciting football(like last season) it could springboard us to more signings for a push next season. Though I'm not ruling it out this year!

Think this is being seen and it's good that it looks as if the club doesn't want to miss the chance either. Good year equals most guys staying with a chance of new blood which turns to positivity next. Can't wait for this to play out!

I agree, pathetic negativity and some proper douchebags!!

Embarrassing!!

What's negative in praising our owner and come to that his son as well, who hopefully will take control in years to come. Without SL this club would be down in the basement, if it wasn't for him. Arse licking, unbelievable! I've been supporting City for over 50 years and this is the best times ever to look forward to.

Creeps and arse lickers......

Does fishing for insults never get boring for you?

FWIW I think you were better at it few years ago. Now you're just a poor parody flogging a long dead horse.

Oops looks like I was caught. Can't say you don't get results.

I remember shortly after the DG bid was announced someone claimed that SL and SC had embarrassed the club by bidding for a player who wasn't going to come here.

I think it's panned out the absolute other way.  Whether DG signs or not, it feels like SC has his tail up again, the feelgood factor around the club is back and I'm expecting Saturday to be a completely different game to anything that's happened so far this season.  I'm backing us to win and win comfortably and I'm finally feeling good about this season!

Lots to be positive about off the field. However, the first aim is to ensure that we survive in the Championship this season, we have had an awful pre-season, the squad is far too small and largely unproven at this level. Sadly, dominating L1 last season guarantees nothing, and quite how anyone can dream of PL looking at our options on the bench......

Let this thread be a lesson to all youngsters on this forum............ proof that shedloads of cider is good for you, clear thinking and reasoned debating skills are just two by products of the apple.  

And don't get me started on the outstanding benefits of fags

I love you all.  

I remember shortly after the DG bid was announced someone claimed that SL and SC had embarrassed the club by bidding for a player who wasn't going to come here.

I think it's panned out the absolute other way.  Whether DG signs or not, it feels like SC has his tail up again, the feelgood factor around the club is back and I'm expecting Saturday to be a completely different game to anything that's happened so far this season.  I'm backing us to win and win comfortably and I'm finally feeling good about this season!

The news of the bid certainly got the blood racing but why are we having to try and sign players that don't appear to want to come.For this money we could have had the pick of some of the best young players from league 1 who would have loved to come and face the challenge of the Championship. 

Creeps and arse lickers......

There is nothing wrong with creeping, if you are attempting to evade a mortal peril such as a large bear, or a seriously virulent plague-gerbil.

And even lashing one's tongue over someone's forgotten regions can be made slightly more pleasurable by the application of a flavoursome food paste :)

What's negative in praising our owner and come to that his son as well, who hopefully will take control in years to come. Without SL this club would be down in the basement, if it wasn't for him. Arse licking, unbelievable! I've been supporting City for over 50 years and this is the best times ever to look forward to.

As much as we're lucky to have an owner who cares for the club, if you offered me a fan owned BCFC in the basement I'd bite your arm off.

As much as we're lucky to have an owner who cares for the club, if you offered me a fan owned BCFC in the basement I'd bite your arm off.

Why? We're a fan owned BCFC in the Championship as things stands.

Fortunately with a fan in waiting to take over, and the eye watering fortune that family has amassed and have shown willing to invest - for the long-term and short - a jack walker Blackburn scenario or Dave Whelan Wigan scenario is not something that should overly concern us in our lifetime... And certainly not now.

Why? We're a fan owned BCFC in the Championship as things stands.

Fortunately with a fan in waiting to take over, and the eye watering fortune that family has amassed and have shown willing to invest - for the long-term and short - a jack walker Blackburn scenario or Dave Whelan Wigan scenario is not something that should overly concern us in our lifetime... And certainly not now.

You don't know what the future holds and neither do I though. Just my preferred way a club would be run.  

You should go support the gas buddy, they need fans like you..

Sorry for having an opinion that is different from yours. It won't happen again.

I'll never understand the whole support the gas jibe... surely everyone has a right to their own opinion?

For the record, I'm quite indifferent about Lansdowns tenure so far. For me, stature wise we are no different to where we were when he took over the club.

There is certainly some exciting times ahead with a revamped AG etc and he's done alot of good by building a good infrastructure within the club (Failand etc.) But has made a fair few errors to.

There is no guarantee we'll do well in this league but if we can consolidate and establish ourselves as a Championship club then it will be looking alot rosier on a whole

I'll never understand the whole support the gas jibe... surely everyone has a right to their own opinion?

For the record, I'm quite indifferent about Lansdowns tenure so far. For me, stature wise we are no different to where we were when he took over the club.

There is certainly some exciting times ahead with a revamped AG etc and he's done alot of good by building a good infrastructure within the club (Failand etc.) But has made a fair few errors to.

There is no guarantee we'll do well in this league but if we can consolidate and establish ourselves as a Championship club then it will be looking alot rosier on a whole

He has made errors, but in terms of giving the club a chance you cannot downplay the significance of AG and Failand nor the sheer size of long term stabilising investment.

Don't get me wrong I don't think the sun shines at all, many things I have strongly disagreed with, I just do not see how our future could be at least as secure as it is under SL by a bloody long way.

WTTJ I wasn't meaning to practice clairvoyance, I just think in light of all the factors fears about our security under SL are unfounded.

He has made errors, but in terms of giving the club a chance you cannot downplay the significance of AG and Failand nor the sheer size of long term stabilising investment.

Don't get me wrong I don't think the sun shines at all, many things I have strongly disagreed with, I just do not see how our future could be at least as secure as it is under SL by a bloody long way.

WTTJ I wasn't meaning to practice clairvoyance, I just think in light of all the factors fears about our security under SL are unfounded.

I would agree with what you said there, I think its certainly incredible that we are considering bidding 7-9M for one player.

I dont think these prices are justified and do seem over inflated a tad but admire the ambition that the club want to compete with the so called big boys of this league whether we land these players or not.

I would agree with what you said there, I think its certainly incredible that we are considering bidding 7-9M for one player.

I dont think these prices are justified and do seem over inflated a tad but admire the ambition that the club want to compete with the so called big boys of this league whether we land these players or not.

I find him rather fixated on Premier League football. In league one it was all about cutting the wage bill, stop the club losing money, whilst adopting a policy of buying young, hungry players and improving them. Now we may be spending 8 million on two strikers, neither of whom are youngsters anymore.

He seems to be so fixated on Premier League football that all the hard work that has gone into getting us out the red is going to go to waste. Don't get me wrong his investment is hugely appreciated but I'd still rather a fan owned club (of which he is perfectly welcome to the other 49% and continue to invest).

I find him rather fixated on Premier League football. In league one it was all about cutting the wage bill, stop the club losing money, whilst adopting a policy of buying young, hungry players and improving them. Now we may be spending 8 million on two strikers, neither of whom are youngsters anymore.

He seems to be so fixated on Premier League football that all the hard work that has gone into getting us out the red is going to go to waste. Don't get me wrong his investment is hugely appreciated but I'd still rather a fan owned club (of which he is perfectly welcome to the other 49% and continue to invest).

Wouldn't disagree with that top paragraph either WTTJ.

If we were to spend 8/9M on players who could be considered a long term investment such as Bradshaw, Dack and so on, great.. It was just an awesome thing to see that we were looking to spend some big money on a player, caught alot of people off guard.

I would have liked to see Jesse Lingard come here though... think that would've been a steal at 2.5M.

Steady on....could be staring down the barrel of league 1 at Christmas, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Archived