IGNORED

I Thought We Were Excellent.

Londoner

After the doom and gloom on here mirrored by the Wednesday and Luton games leaving the gate feeling very positive after today.

Yes we got beat but there were so many positives to take from the game. Up until the sending off we were playing excellent football creating chances and playing an exciting brand of football. Brentford despite the odd counter attack looked at at a loss....and we could of had 4:5.

Sending off clearly changesd the game. Despite what some might argue for me it was a clear red card....de Jong esq but worse....and it cost us the game....the shame wasn't just the impending reality of getting beat, but the inability to carry on playing the football we had done. Up until his point we were excellent....freemans had been up until this point, by far, imo our weakest player he just couldn't get in the game at all....but no excuses for that.

Kodjia looked classy and made things happen, looks a real handful and significant improvement on agard. Could of scored more but he looks a real good signing based on today.

Defensively we looked a bit dodgy they cut through us on occasions but I honestly think 11 v 11 we looked by far the better team.

A real missed opportunity today but lots of positives.

You beat me to it Londoner,I posted on here on my way home from sheff and said we were poor all round and kodjia wasn't getting no service,didn't go to Luton and he missed the sitter,today he had the Brentford defence panicking for sure up till the sending off,then ran his legs off

Really good to hear he's making an impression; hope that if we struggle to get in Gayle, that he'll add a lot to the side.

We were playing very well before the red card, looking like scoring every time we came forward. The red card changed the game completely and we were always on a hiding to nothing from that moment.

Didn't think we gave up, the workload was incredible by Pack and Smith to pick just two and was very happy with Kodjia who took his goal well and worked his socks off as the lone striker.

Massive game Wednesday.

Freemans red card was the turning point. Poor view from the ref who checked with linesman who said Freeman had kicked the bloke in the face. That's why the red card took so long to appear.

By the letter of the law I thought it was a sending off, he took the blokes head off, if it was the other way round we would have been baying for a red card

We don't need a scapegoat

Williams the main week link.

I'm sure Williams struggled due to the extra man, there's always a lot more pressure on e defence when you go down to 10 men. If anyone's to blame it should be Freeman, although there was clearly no intent, his wreckless high kick ultimately contributed to our down fall. Subjective to say the least.

We don't need a scapegoatI'm sure Williams struggled due to the extra man, there's always a lot more pressure on e defence when you go down to 10 men. If anyone's to blame it should be Freeman, although there was clearly no intent, his wreckless high kick ultimately contributed to our down fall. Subjective to say the least.

I feel like Williams has been week side Wednesday. Keeps pushing up way further than Flint/Ayling and keeps getting caught on the break.

It was a red card.

There is no comparison between Kodjia and Agard based on today. Powerful strong good touch athletic good in the air....looked very good based on today's evidence. One minor blot would be his finishing....but his all round game excellent.

If there was one player I'd like to see go out on loan it'd be Agard, needs some game time to get match fit and at the moment is way behind the other striking options, I'd even prefer to see Burns given ago, he's at least bloody quick and,has shown his versatility.

If there was one player I'd like to see go out on loan it'd be Agard, needs some game time to get match fit and at the moment is way behind the other striking options, I'd even prefer to see Burns given ago, he's at least bloody quick and,has shown his versatility.

My thoughts exactly

I feel like Williams has been week side Wednesday. Keeps pushing up way further than Flint/Ayling and keeps getting caught on the break.

This.. Spot on. Though it did create a few chances as well but probably not a risk he should take more than once or twice a game. Seen Flint tell him no no no a few times as he would've left Gray by himself.

Don't think we have to find a scapegoat today though. Freeman getting sent off was the problem. We looked brilliant before that.

Need the quality though. When the subs were made, the threat of scoring went with those leaving.

Archived