IGNORED

Luke Freeman And The Red Card

formerly known as ivan

Obviously a red, but do worry who will replace him. We were weak in midfield against wednesday, and now we are missing our best player.

Robinson will slot in nicely.

No it wasn't, he was looking at the ball and the geezer came from his left....yellow card all day long....truth is, the stumpy little ref was a total ***** all game!!!!!

Absolutely agree 100%

Freeman had only eyes for the ball. The defender attacked the ball from Freemans left (and slightly behind) and 'stooped' towards the ball.

At worst it's a yellow.

No intent whatsoever; except to win the ball

No it wasn't, he was looking at the ball and the geezer came from his left....yellow card all day long....truth is, the stumpy little ref was a total ***** all game!!!!!

Where he's looking isn't relevant.  It looked an obvious red to me because it was excessive force and dangerous.  Intent isn't part of the criteria for serious foul play.

It was a shame and ruined an entertaining game but it was a bloody stupid challenge.

Absolutely agree 100%

Freeman had only eyes for the ball. The defender attacked the ball from Freemans left (and slightly behind) and 'stooped' towards the ball.

At worst it's a yellow.

No intent whatsoever; except to win the ball

No intent to harm the player does not excuse any action! You could make a two footed challenge with the sole intention to win the ball, but it's still dangerous play and against the rules.

If you raise your foot you are taking a chance of an incident such as this occurring, accidentally or otherwise.

No intent to harm the player does not excuse any action! You could make a two footed challenge with the sole intention to win the ball, but it's still dangerous play and against the rules.

If you raise your foot you are taking a chance of an incident such as this occurring, accidentally or otherwise.

Maybe Chippenham but I have to disagree on this instance. The foot was high, yes, not doubting that but the player also stooped his head and attacked the ball.

From my angle Freeman got there first and the incident looked worse as the defender got there second, this resulted in the defender colliding with the foot of Freeman.

No excessive force whatsoever so you can't compare to a two footed challenge

Wilbraham should have been sent off too for his elbow!

The bloke had been trying to pull his shirt off all game. He should've been booked for it.

Wilbs was trying to break free from this when Tarkowski discovered it isn't a great idea to try and climb on the back of a taller player.

Maybe Chippenham but I have to disagree on this instance. The foot was high, yes, not doubting that but the player also stooped his head and attacked the ball.

From my angle Freeman got there first and the incident looked worse as the defender got there second, this resulted in the defender colliding with the foot of Freeman.

Never a red card, Harlee Dean played for it, Freeman probably shouldn't have had his foot up but it wasn't a red

CB knew what was coming and threw himself in, got straight up afterwards as mentioned

McCormack could have gone himself, on a booking and carried on giving anyone and everyone a kicking - as well as bringing Kodjia down as last man in the second half

He asked a question of the ref. That was stupid. Think he needs to chalk this one down to a bit of experience and get training on sticking his head in on situations like that.

Personally, I can appreciate why the ref did it and I think it's one of those borderline calls, you can make a case for either outcome.

Never a red card, Harlee Dean played for it, Freeman probably shouldn't have had his foot up but it wasn't a red

CB knew what was coming and threw himself in, got straight up afterwards as mentioned

McCormack could have gone himself, on a booking and carried on giving anyone and everyone a kicking - as well as bringing Kodjia down as last man in the second half

You think it's ******* UFC? Idiot!!

Fair enough. I actually agree with you that this isn't as bad as a two footed challenge, I was just using that to demonstrate the principle.

That maybe be so but it was horrible and could quite easily have been a red. With such a small squad, we can't afford for people to be swinging elbows etc.

I think if the squirt of a ref had given a card for the all-in wrestling the situation could have been avoided.

I chose to believe that the contact on that occasion was accidental. If the ref had thought it was deliberate he would, as you say, have walked.

With Luke F, I don't think there were many complaints. Accidental, but dangerous play. Quite what the faffing about, talking to the lino, over-ruling the lino and taking 6 minutes to make his mind up was about, I don't know.

At least we have JET to fill in for Freeman's band...oh wait!

JET never worked in midfield IMO.

Last season, we would've played Elliott further forward than usual in this situation. Now..... gulp... it's anyone's guess what'll happen.

Not looking forward to Leeds or Boro.

You think it's ******* UFC? Idiot!!

I'll give this a like for the humour (not sure about the idiot bit though) - not quite UFC, the difference between this and the Valencia incident is that Freeman could see where his leg was going, from how I remember it.

From behind the goal I thought Dean made quite an effort to get his head in there, a risk yes but if it was Ayling/Williams there are those that would say they took one for the team.

Won't labour the point - I get that I am very much on one side of this debate, you are on the other

Where he's looking isn't relevant. It looked an obvious red to me because it was excessive force and dangerous. Intent isn't part of the criteria for serious foul play.

It was a shame and ruined an entertaining game but it was a bloody stupid challenge.[/quote

Still a yellow card, and the tiny ref had to go and consult his linesman who was even further away from the incident than he was! :laugh:

Archived