IGNORED

Club Shop

Iron Acton Red

It's not huge, but today's volume of fans in there will be more than a normal home game. I think they were really struggling to get it ready, so fair play to get it open today.

All the u12 "free" shirts had gone by 13:10 when we get there. But luckily some lazy git had picked one up and hung it on a Rugby hanger at the back, so I nabbed it quickly. Result!!

I miss the days of when they had a cardboard box on the counter.

That contained old programmes of various clubs and could be bought for about 10p each. I even picked up an unused copy of the 1970 World Cup Final programme in there one day!

I used to exchange metal football club badges with a pen friend. I took some into the club shop and asked how much credit they'd offer for the badges of clubs such as Dukla Prague and CSKA Moscow. We'd haggle and I'd leave the shop with some new City produce and the shop had a few unusual items to sell.

Clearly not finished yet, dark and dingy, heating/air con vents on the ceilings wrapped up. But staff were helpful.

Agree KevP......there would've been a lot more negativity had they not opened it at all.

Let's give it to the Burnley game and see if it's improved.

I'm sure square footage it's bigger than the old MegaStore.

Archived