IGNORED

New Striker

Langford Red

I think all of this has been said in the large Gayle thread but I agree with your points.

There is definitely value to be found further down. I think the club want players who are guaranteed to improve us. Both players purchased, not Hamer/Robinson who are loans anyway, are first 11 players (will be an interesting battle for rwb between RF and ML but we haven't seen the best of RF yet).

That's the risk with buying from lower leagues - you can't guarantee they'd be better, it's a calculated gamble and I don't think our recruitment is targeting that.

Feel we need a left sided defender, another centre half, a forward and really 2 new midfielders. 4 of those positions minimum to even make us competitive as the squad is too small.

The concern I have is our manager keeps moaning about other clubs have bigger squads, ourvbench this season is made up of players who were not deemed good enough for the bench in League 1.

I honestly thought we would be signing rated players from League 1, not trying to sign players who appear to be financially out of our league, as they are on Premier League contracts.

Are momentum from last season is rapidly vanishing.

If we were after League 1 and 2 players we'd have signed them by now. Clearly our targets are dependent on the Premier League transfer market and it's taken longer to open up than 1st thought. Whether that's a good plan or not remains to be seen, but if I see Tom Bradshaws name (or Bradley Dack for that matter) mentioned one more time I'm going to have an aneurysm. If there's more than 3 people on here have seen him play half a dozen times I'd be amazed. If he were a championship striker NOW he'd have attracted championship bids. He may turn into one, but we're evidently in for players who can play in the championship NOW not after a couple of years. There probably are players in the division below who can do the business but they're at best back up targets

This could be a bit of a long shot but ideye brown, west brom payed 10 million for him last year, seems surplus to requirements for them, possible get him on loan and pay percentage of his wage? Seems the type of player we are after!! Still think as a midfielder we could do a lot worse than offer Barton a deal, reading his Twitter the other day and a Leeds fan said would he ever join Leeds he said he just wants to be back playing football!!

Archived