IGNORED

New Striker

Langford Red

If we were after League 1 and 2 players we'd have signed them by now. Clearly our targets are dependent on the Premier League transfer market and it's taken longer to open up than 1st thought. Whether that's a good plan or not remains to be seen, but if I see Tom Bradshaws name (or Bradley Dack for that matter) mentioned one more time I'm going to have an aneurysm. If there's more than 3 people on here have seen him play half a dozen times I'd be amazed. If he were a championship striker NOW he'd have attracted championship bids. He may turn into one, but we're evidently in for players who can play in the championship NOW not after a couple of years. There probably are players in the division below who can do the business but they're at best back up targets

Seeing Dack & Bradshaws names mentioned on here instead of Matt Smith is refreshing. I personally don't think Smith is the type of striker we need or will he be available yet he's still constantly mentioned....

Have just seen in the papers on sky sports news that Defoe is looking to leave Sunderland for a club in the south, I know this will most likely be Bournemouth, but you don't ask you don't get, depends how much he's on!!

I imagined his wage is somewhere between 'Crazy' & 'Insane' - ex-regular international who can score at the top level; so far out of our wheelhouse, it's drowning in the sea.

I imagined his wage is somewhere between 'Crazy' & 'Insane' - ex-regular international who can score at the top level; so far out of our wheelhouse, it's drowning in the sea.

Did think his wages would be crazy but all depends how much he needs it, and how much he wants to be down south I suppose!!

Did think his wages would be crazy but all depends how much he needs it, and how much he wants to be down south I suppose!!

Would get a job in the Prem easily.

He's a footballer, he doesn't need the wages but he does want them.

I'd much rather our new striker be in the wilbs mould . When we have Kodjia/ Agard and Robinson as Pacey strikers but no replacement for wilbs .

Having said that I think cotts plan b or maybe plan A even a depending on the transfer window is to go 3 up front . As he alluded to when he signed Robinson .

There is a chance Cotts might even so in the next 3 games seeing as Freeman is out.I liked Smith but he is a more out and out striker rather then wilbs who is crucial for holding the ball up and bringing others into play flick ons etc for others.

I think this is why we hoofed more often when Smith played.

Some people have a short memory...... Let's not forget that City are aiming to buy younger players (around 24) who will improve and keep their value or increase. We already have an experienced striker and Defoe will want high wages.

I like that City are aiming high regards strikers which pursuit of Gayle and supposedly Gray - the difference yesterday was quality in the final third and we need proven quality to win games, not promising players as we have numerous players of that ilk already.

It wouldn't surprise me to see City spend 10mil before end of window

For down south read London/South East; we've absolutely zero point zero zero chance of signing players like Defoe - even ignoring the fact he probably earns a small fortune more than our top paid squad member, he'd walk into most squads at the top end of this division or the bottom half of the Premier League, and we cannot expect to offer a player in his position anything of interest just now.

Why do we only ever spend big money on strikers?

Rare breed is why; mentioned in a thread yesterday that finding those players who just know how to score really isn't easy.

Market might be skewed, but they really are match winners, and as such cost that bit more.

Don't disagree that I think we should look to seriously invest in some proven midfield/defensive options, mind you; here's to us doing that ASAP.

Rare breed is why; mentioned in a thread yesterday that finding those players who just know how to score really isn't easy.

Market might be skewed, but they really are match winners, and as such cost that bit more.

Don't disagree that I think we should look to seriously invest in some proven midfield/defensive options, mind you; here's to us doing that ASAP.

I think we need to bring in another stealth signing like  Khodjia .  A goalscorer from Moldova ,Georgia or somewhere like that.

Not sure if bradshaw would cut it in the championship 

The worry that i would have for Bradshaw is that he is the talisman striker for Walsall and they played him even when he was n't fully fit ,could this have a legacy in the season's to come ? as we saw with Michael Owen , Owen Hargraves ,Steve Brooker etc .

I think we need to bring in another stealth signing like  Khodjia .  A goalscorer from Moldova ,Georgia or somewhere like that.

I'd prefer a goalSTOPPER just now (not a keeper, though; a ruff'n'tuff midfielder) - I'd take a new Ion Testemi?anu right now in heartbeat.

Agree with Aaron,crying out for quality in the middle..No1 priority..

I've been saying the same for ages, I honestly don't see why we were chasing Gayle when we already have 4 strikers fighting it out for 2 places all whilst only having 2 CM's good enough for this league but both being on the lower end of the scale. We need a hard working, defensively minded midfielder with good distribution and composure on the ball.

Ivan Testemitanu is Director of Moldovan football and still retains links in Bristol- has a great fondness for BCFC but doesn't have any contact with BCFC- perfect position to suggest players from that area.

I don't know why , i thought pack was outstanding yesterday .

Because even before the red they were cutting through our midfield like it wasn't there. Pack and Korey sit too deep, and often Freeman is pushed forward from a previous attack, so it leaves massive gaps. Need a box to box player in the 2007 Marvin Elliott mould who can fill those gaps.

So let me guess , Bradley Dack again ?

Huh?  "again"?  What are you talking about?

Personally, I've said repeatedly that I don't think we should sign Dack, due to his off-field issues, and I don't think we need another attacking midfielder - instead we need a strong defensive player in there; think we'll get more out of the trio we already have with someone else in there doing that job.

Ivan Testemitanu is Director of Moldovan football and still retains links in Bristol- has a great fondness for BCFC but doesn't have any contact with BCFC- perfect position to suggest players from that area.

It does make you a tad disappointed doesn't it that our club doesn't use its former players well. In fact it's a bloody disgrace that, for example, we were quite happy to ask Moyes to sit in on manager interviews - didn't he in the round when it was McInnes v Robins..? - but by his own admission we've never once asked for a player on loan.

I am a huge Scott Murray fan and I'm delighted he's still with the club and all that... But that he of all our former players and all that some have gone on to do or become was one of the very few we put our arm out for is genuinely shocking.

If I was Keith Burt one of the first thing I'd have asked for is a pretty decent entertaining budget and go around making amends and building those links.

I'm loath to jump up and down too much. I think off the field the improvements made in recent times have been about as much as we could have hoped for, although acknowledge there's still some way to go.

I'd prefer a goalSTOPPER just now (not a keeper, though; a ruff'n'tuff midfielder) - I'd take a new Ion Testemi?anu right now in heartbeat.

Agree. We have adequate cover up top but our back up defender is El-Abd and Reid is midfield back up. Nowhere near strong enough and surely has to be priority?

Archived