IGNORED

Thank You Bcfc

CotswoldRed

Plenty still needs addressing but, after all the complaints of late, I thought I'd share a quick positive view.

Yesterday had threatened to be a right pain in the arse. My season ticket had gone missing so I anticipated a big queue to sort the issue. Nothing of the sort. The ticket office sorted it in a jiffy and the problem has gone away, and I have a new season card.

I took my nipper in his wheelchair to the shop and it was packed. He wanted his new shirt and we were spotted and served by a lovely lady who fetched a shirt and sorted it all out so we didn't need to go near the queues and tills.

There were plenty of staff to help and all were in jovial mood.

Was very impressed with the facilities. Only issues - no soap in the disabled toilet and drunk ambulant fans using the disabled toilets to avoid queuing - you are scum. Get a radar key on those toilets please!

Plenty still needs addressing but, after all the complaints of late, I thought I'd share a quick positive view.

Yesterday had threatened to be a right pain in the arse. My season ticket had gone missing so I anticipated a big queue to sort the issue. Nothing of the sort. The ticket office sorted it in a jiffy and the problem has gone away, and I have a new season card.

I took my nipper in his wheelchair to the shop and it was packed. He wanted his new shirt and we were spotted and served by a lovely lady who fetched a shirt and sorted it all out so we didn't need to go near the queues and tills.

Was very impressed with the facilities. Only issues - no soap in the disabled toilet and drunk ambulant fans using the disabled toilets to avoid queuing - you are scum. Get a radar key on those toilets please!

Great stuff. Good to see City getting the service aspects right.

Shame on the pissed up idiots using the disabled toilets. Other than that great to hear you had a good(ish!) day

Twas that good the nipper now has to go on Wednesday, despite this being my wedding anniversary. He's managed to convince the better half to postpone celebrations. Nice.

HE has, has HE! No coercing from you at all I'll bet

He asked me if he could go and, like the assertive father figure and head of the family, I said "I'm not getting involved, you'll have to talk to her".

He normally plays the disabled card.

'you wouldn't stop a poor disabled child from going to the football would you Mum?'

A bit harsh calling them 'scum'?!

Glad everything else was good.

A bit harsh calling them 'scum'?!

Glad everything else was good.

Completely disagree. Someone who knowingly causes disabled people to wait to use their own toilets because they are too ignorant and lazy fits the bill perfectly for me.

They'll be a-holes when it comes to other things too, guaranteed.

Plus drunk lazy ignorant people tend to have a poor concept of cleanliness and leave the toilet not as you'd like to find it. Not nice when helping a disabled person.

Plenty of places have toilets that are disabled accessible, but are also for use by anyone who needs them.

So going on that theory, smaller/no queues in the ladies toilets means that they're there for anybody to use also then?

Disabled toilets are there for a reason, as a full grown man you should be able to control your bladder whilst waiting in a queue for the standard toilets.

It's bad enough going into a normal toilet and having to wipe the seat before using it, why should someone less able have to go through that hassle to use a toilet that some inconsiderate sod has left in a state before they use it!?

No excuse for it, so please don't try and defend it - and no I would not dream of using a disabled toilet unless told to do so as the normal one was out of use

Plenty of places have toilets that are disabled accessible, but are also for use by anyone who needs them.

Not the case here and in a football stadium that would win crap idea of the year.

Funny this has come up. I remember hearing a debate on this on the TV or radio a few years back.

Personally I think it's ok to use a disabled loo if others are engaged. HOWEVER, a massive chunk of common sense is required. I'd only do this in quieter areas where there are only 1 or 2 toilets and the chances of making a disabled person queue were slim. On a busy match day with thousands of people going for a piss at half time it's highly likely that a disabled supporter would have to queue if you used their toilets. Agree with Cotswold that it's selfish of those fans to use the disabled loos, especially if they were pissed and pissed everywhere!

The queues can't have been that bad anyway. Can't have been any worse than in the Atyeo last season and probably much better! The queues always moved steadily then anyway.

No need for able bodied people to use disabled toilets on a busy match day IMO!

Excuse my ignorance...

But what the ell is a 'radar key' ?

I don't know either!

Presumably it's a key that is needed to open the disabled toilet doors. Sounds sensible as there will always be people that abuse the fact there are disabled loos available when there are queues. Having said that, the 'radar' part makes me wonder if it is something more hi tech!

Completely disagree. Someone who knowingly causes disabled people to wait to use their own toilets because they are too ignorant and lazy fits the bill perfectly for me.

They'll be a-holes when it comes to other things too, guaranteed.

Plus drunk lazy ignorant people tend to have a poor concept of cleanliness and leave the toilet not as you'd like to find it. Not nice when helping a disabled person.

I agree with your angle, but I hardly think that they were making a calculated insult to disabled people like you are infering.

I agree with your angle, but I hardly think that they were making a calculated insult to disabled people like you are infering.

Not saying it's a calculated insult. It's a simple case of "I need the loo and if I want to use any toilet I will."

Excuse my ignorance...

But what the ell is a 'radar key' ?

Registered disabled people can apply for a key that lets you into disabled toilets in many locations all over the country. Usually not attendant operated ones so that non disabled people can't abuse them.

It's a special lock that only the radar key can unlock.

Archived