IGNORED

Players That We Need

healeyred

Doesn't Robinson prefer to be in a 3 man strike force though, playing on the right ?

This club never seems to learn about getting good players and playing them out of position.

And Freeman used to be a left midfielder.

Players can be converted to play in other positions.

Agree with the positions we need to strengthen but think the important thing now is more about character and experience. I know that's not been the policy recently but how naive were we after the sending-off? Just played as we did before. We were 2-1 and needed to take time out of the game and be streetwise. We didn't make it hard to play against 10 men.

In my opinion our team is crying out for a couple of old heads at the back and midfield.

I can't believe how many people are mentioning Brentfords no20 from yesterday - he done nothing, he looked uncomfortable on the ball and caused most of his own problems by poor touch or passing

He played a great ball into Gray for their first goal.

Center Back

Left Back

Center Defensive Midfielder

Striker (goal scoring striker)

I think rather than two defenders we need a utility player like Brian Wilson (but obviously of better quality). Someone who could fill in at either wing back and can play reasonably well in the middle of a defence if needed also.

I agree a CDM is needed, ice already suggested that a Marvin Elliott or Kalifa Cisse style player is what we need.

I'd hold off on signing a striker though and instead go for a CAM that can give Freeman consistent competition.

I think the answer to our defensive midfielder is already in the team and his name is... Luke Ayling!

If we can get a decent centre back in then I would love to see Ayling pushed up as a defensive midfielder.

His is strong, can tackle, can carry the ball fantastically well as we saw yesterday, has composure... pretty much everything we are looking for in that position.

Still would need cover in midfield and defensive obviously.

I can't believe how many people are mentioning Brentfords no20 from yesterday - he done nothing, he looked uncomfortable on the ball and caused most of his own problems by poor touch or passing

Agree. I thought he was ordinary, made to look better by our inability to close him down. When we did get close and put pressure on him his touch was poor.

I think all over the pitch we need to be a little bit closer and definitely stronger. There were numerous occasions where we were brushed off the ball.

It will come though, we showed enough in the 35 minutes with 11 men to give confidence that we can do okay in this league.

Really good at standing in front of all of our free kicks to stop us taking them quickly.

Archived