IGNORED

Fredericks Fitness

Antman

The lad was seriously puffing in the second half, which indicates he isn't anywhere near full fitness (as Cotts has suggested some of them aren't) but last season we started match fit and raring to go, so what's different? The Botswana trip seemed to get indifferent reviews ( certainly JET wasn't a fan!!) but did that intensive period really help the fitness levels more than this year.

I was actually a bit disappointed to hear they weren't going to Botswana. Pretty much all the players said how much it built up their team spirit, I thought we might as well go again. Guess cos we hadn't signed any

What was the need to go there to build team spirit when it would have been virtually the same squad as last year going.If winning the league and Cup did not build up team spirit then what else would. 

The lad was seriously puffing in the second half, which indicates he isn't anywhere near full fitness (as Cotts has suggested some of them aren't) but last season we started match fit and raring to go, so what's different? The Botswana trip seemed to get indifferent reviews ( certainly JET wasn't a fan!!) but did that intensive period really help the fitness levels more than this year.

I think cotts was referring to the 3 new signings (Kodjia, Robinson and Fredericks) who maybe haven't had the intensity of a first team training pre season with their team mates and in Kodjia's case I would doubt that Ligue 2 is at the same fitness level as the English CC. Because our squad is so small Cotts has had to throw all 3 in quicker than he would have liked.

I think the players who were here last year looked fit enough, although Bryan was probably rushed back.

Archived