IGNORED

Bemmy Cricket Club

yardy

Arriving at the cricket club i was told there was no more car parking spaces as it was full and they had some other function going on, just wanted to know if the limited car park spaces was a one off or will it continue?

Was very empty yesterday compared to last season. However I'd imagine they will use the field to the left of the CC in future

Parking was a pain yesterday arrived at Cricket Club before 2 No spaces drove round found a space but had to be creative!

The main problem was it was only 14,000 in the ground, unless something radical is done we will never fill 27,000 cos you won't be able to get there!

Parking was a pain yesterday arrived at Cricket Club before 2 No spaces drove round found a space but had to be creative!

The main problem was it was only 14,000 in the ground, unless something radical is done we will never fill 27,000 cos you won't be able to get there!

If Ashton Gate station opened it would help.

I had hoped Bristol Sport might have some sort of park and ride scheme set up, God knows it's a pain in the arse for anyone traveling to Ashton Gate for football, let alone Friday night rugby, so a service from Bris park and ride would be useful.

• Admin

Can't remember it being so difficult to park in the past and I include 20k crowds in that. The general parking restrictions in the area are really making things difficult but they don't want to open Ashton Gate Halt. Crazy.

If Ashton Gate station opens it will be in 2019 at the earliest and we all know how long it takes politicians to make sensible decisions.

So a minimum of 3 seasons.

Being able to Park at the Long Ashton Park and Ride would be useful

A couple of local 'Green' councillors, Charlie Bolton @CharlieBGP and Stephen Clarke @southvillesteve have recently submitted a motion to council asking for improvements to parking at AG.

In addition to a Metro bus stop and train station they want to make the Long Ashton Park and Ride a 'park and walk' on match days.

Let's hope this one has legs!!!!

If the land is no longer available to Bedminster CC, whoever does own it hopefully will have the common sense to allow parking on the land, it's easy money. Whoever does own it seems willing to allow people to park to participate in some sort of daft sports day event so I struggle to see why football fans can't park there.

The Metro bus will go pass Ashton Gate but there will be no stop, there will be a stop next to the create centre and a stop in Ashton Vale but no stop at Ashton Gate.

...typical, hardly surprising though, this is .. 'on yer bike or walk'..integrated public transport..eh? wots that? Bristol City Council European Green-around the gills-Capital afterall...

Bigger surprise is where's the Metro bus stop outside the Tobacco Factory then? that does surprise me!

A couple of local 'Green' councillors, Charlie Bolton @CharlieBGP and Stephen Clarke @southvillesteve have recently submitted a motion to council asking for improvements to parking at AG.

In addition to a Metro bus stop and train station they want to make the Long Ashton Park and Ride a 'park and walk' on match days.

Let's hope this one has legs!!!!

Theyd solve a lot of parking issues if theyve removed the yellow lines on the flyover and the clanage.

I remember the glory days of parking when you could park under the swing bridge flyover for nothing. Then someone decided to put a load of boulders in there to stop people doing it. Never understood why. Parking there wasn't harming anyone.

Been done to death on here before, but parking options are dwindling whilst capacity is increasing, with no significant improvements to public transport infrastructure that I am aware of. Our first 27k sell out could be carnage, that's twice as many as we get at the moment and I just don't see how that will work.

And the options getting too and fro from Temple Meads is just not good enough.

Most cities have a string of shuttles going every 15/20 minutes or so from the main railway to a ground if it's a mile or two or more away.

The A bus is the only option unless you change buses and spend loads. And if your arriving train doesn't coincide or you want to take your time getting away from the ground after, your buggered.

The club MUST address these problems before we go to 27000 capacity next season.

And the options getting too and fro from Temple Meads is just not good enough.

Most cities have a string of shuttles going every 15/20 minutes or so from the main railway to a ground if it's a mile or two or more away.

The A bus is the only option unless you change buses and spend loads. And if your arriving train doesn't coincide or you want to take your time getting away from the ground after, your buggered.

The club MUST address these problems before we go to 27000 capacity next season.

Agreed. I believe something about proposals for transport was included as part of the planning application for the new stadium but I'm not aware of the details. Even so, some pretty radical is going to have to happen between now and next season if parking isn't going to be a very serious problem with potential 27k attendances.

Archived