IGNORED

Sold Out?

Marlborough Red

Amazed to see so many empty seats yesterday at our first match in the Championship. Huge gaps in all 3 stands when supposed to be a sell out. Can't all be season ticket holders on holiday as many rows and blocks completely empty ,especially at the SS and Atyeo. Must have been at least 1,500 seats empty -how on earth are we going to fill a 27,000 seater when only around 12,000 turned up yesterday?

Very frustrating for fans who weren't able to buy a ticket  (SOLD OUT) to see all the empty seats on display. Will it be the same v Leeds ?

Amazed to see so many empty seats yesterday at our first match in the Championship. Huge gaps in all 3 stands when supposed to be a sell out. Can't all be season ticket holders on holiday as many rows and blocks completely empty ,especially at the SS and Atyeo. Must have been at least 1,500 seats empty -how on earth are we going to fill a 27,000 seater when only around 12,000 turned up yesterday?

Very frustrating for fans who weren't able to buy a ticket (SOLD OUT) to see all the empty seats on display. Will it be the same v Leeds ?

this has been done to death. It was reduced capacity due to health and safety grounds. Heard on very good information that the game was nearly a 6,500 capacity yesterday. That would have led to police calling it off as would have been chaos

It was announced before the sale of tickets for Brentford and Leeds games that there would be a reduced capacity as it was the first games in the new stands and you have to ease in the use of them.

Do we have anymore games after Leeds before the international break? My guess is that we'll be up to full capacity after the international break.

this has been done to death. It was reduced capacity due to health and safety grounds. Heard on very good information that the game was nearly a 6,500 capacity yesterday. That would have led to police calling it off as would have been chaos

6,500 capicity ? Your post makes no sense. The attendance was just over 14,000 which is 2000 less than the capicity at the momment. I understand that club left 2000 tickets unsold for H and S issues, but where does the police come in to it by calling it off and what have the figure 6500 got to do with anything?

6,500 capicity ? Your post makes no sense. The attendance was just over 14,000 which is 2000 less than the capicity at the momment. I understand that club left 2000 tickets unsold for H and S issues, but where does the police come in to it by calling it off and what have the figure 6500 got to do with anything?

He clearly meant to say 16,500 but missed the '1'. So chilll FFS.

It was announced before the sale of tickets for Brentford and Leeds games that there would be a reduced capacity as it was the first games in the new stands and you have to ease in the use of them.

Do we have anymore games after Leeds before the international break? My guess is that we'll be up to full capacity after the international break.

Burnley, bank holiday

Not too worried about not filling it at the moment. Let's put it into perspective, new stadium yes but off the back of a promotion back up to the 2nd tier, we're still a third division club on the up and would need to cement our position in the championship before expecting we'll sell 20,000+ regularly ... Unless we step up fairly emphatically like last time up!

I would like to think BS look at Norwich, they regularly get great gates - in a 27k stadium. Sustaining the season ticket sales they have is quite admirable (18k ST holders the season they were in league 1).

A mate who works in this sort of field told me before the game it would be reduced. All new builds have to have ramp up events and never start at full capacity, Leeds should be the same. I think 90% was the figure, when they've held two games at that level they can get it signed off for full use.

He clearly meant to say 16,500 but missed the '1'. So chilll FFS.

Ok yeah I see that now but why was the Police going call the game off , was there a safety limit put on this game. If so it should of been straight forward for the club to limit the attendence. By the way you could of told me that with out asking to"chill ffs" I wasn't having a pop at the poster. 

no I did mean 6,500. Club passed on 3rd health and safety inspection on Thursday. If it failed again max capacity would have been 6,500. The police would have asked city to call game off as likelihood is a lot more than that would turn up. Unfortunately I've got a brother and father in Avon and Somerset finest( both who are city fans) who were involved in the ongoing plans with safe n sound( city's health and safety people). After the city u18 game on Wednesday night certain things came up as problems and had to be put right before we had safety certificate for Saturday

no I did mean 6,500. Club passed on 3rd health and safety inspection on Thursday. If it failed again max capacity would have been 6,500. The police would have asked city to call game off as likelihood is a lot more than that would turn up. Unfortunately I've got a brother and father in Avon and Somerset finest( both who are city fans) who were involved in the ongoing plans with safe n sound( city's health and safety people). After the city u18 game on Wednesday night certain things came up as problems and had to be put right before we had safety certificate for Saturday

Thank for the reply . All make sense now.

Nothing like cutting it fine then,

Thanks for the informative information re H/S limiting the capacity. Does seem a very cautious approach given the excellent new turnstiles and cavernous spaces under the SS and Dolman.Look forward to a full house later this season with no rows of empty seats. Wonder if Leeds are going to fill their end Wednesday or is there a limit in away fans too for the first few home games?

yep!! Plan b was only to open south stand and lower dolman against Brentford. Police weren't happy with that as would have called chaos. In the end its irrelevant

as finally passed late Thursday.

That sounds like nonsense. If the club had failed the certificate why on earth open the only two actual new stands, which it would have failed on in the first place. Also there is no way on earth the club would even consider having the away fans anywhere but the Atyeo , which you say would have been closed. Can possibly see how the game could have been postponed but the 6500 option is frankly laughable. Someone is trying to sound important in front of you I reckon.

That sounds like nonsense. If the club had failed the certificate why on earth open the only two actual new stands, which it would have failed on in the first place. Also there is no way on earth the club would even consider having the away fans anywhere but the Atyeo , which you say would have been closed. Can possibly see how the game could have been postponed but the 6500 option is frankly laughable. Someone is trying to sound important in front of you I reckon.

sound important?? No. This is what was going on behind the scenes last week. A real race against time. I got back from the Luton game Tuesday night and there were more people working there through the night than in the day. Fair play to the club for getting it ready in time.

sound important?? No. This is what was going on behind the scenes last week. A real race against time. I got back from the Luton game Tuesday night and there were more people working there through the night than in the day. Fair play to the club for getting it ready in time.

I don't doubt any of that but the plan B option just wouldn't exist. Trust me.

I don't doubt any of that but the plan B option just wouldn't exist. Trust me.

think your misunderstanding me it wasn't the club saying this , they were being told if you don't get a,b,c done then this is what is going to happen from Bristol councils health and safety inspectors. Thankfully it went all right I the end.

think your misunderstanding me it wasn't the club saying this , they were being told if you don't get a,b,c done then this is what is going to happen from Bristol councils health and safety inspectors. Thankfully it went all right I the end.

Ok sorry if I misunderstood but the Only thing that would have happened is a postponement, none of this 6500 , close the Atyeo stuff that you were implying.

Ok sorry if I misunderstood but the Only thing that would have happened is a postponement, none of this 6500 , close the Atyeo stuff that you were implying.

100% agree it would have been a postponement. Club would have had to as you said no way away fans could have been anywhere else but the ateyo. All irrelevant though as it was all ok in the end. Just thought I would share info. Bring on leeds

I hope so to, considering the club take a full media team with them on away games we really have mo excuses not to start doing this.also would be good business for sports bar

To be honest I cant see them doing this unless we sale out our away allocation as Leeds have done this week

Archived