IGNORED

Your Season Expectations

B-Rizzle

I'll be delighted if we finish above 19th but at present I doubt we will.

Each to there own but i think you will be well wide of the mark with that prediction mate..

Mid-table for me between about 10th and 14th. A couple more additions and we will be fine.

After last season I was hopeful of a top 10 finish. The lack of transfer activity and slow start has slightly changed my mind I must admit. Still hoping for a mid-table finish but really hope it isnt a relegation survival fight. We'll have to see what cotts and the board can come up with in the next few weeks then we'll have a clearer idea.

Losing the momentum we carried over from last season and having an horrendous close pre season has not helped us one bit.

Last season we were really well prepared and from the off I thought were nailed on for promotion.

At the end of last season I thought that with a few astute, early signings and maybe replacing some of the dead wood in the squad with quality competition, coupled with our confidence and momentum that we really had a chance to get into the top 6.

The way things are at the moment, I think we are going to struggle.

One of the biggest worries for me apart from not having the correct personnel, with a proper pre season behind them is also our lack of how to adjust and use the tools we have at our disposal right now.

If we carry on playing this formation, in this league without a quality defensive midfielder then we are going to struggle. I for one think a change of formation may yield a bit more defensive stability, I'm no manager and I'm sure SC knows a lot more than any of us, but since this is a forum and were entitled to give our opinion I'd be inclined to play with a formation more suited in preventing goals, at the moment we are too wide open and susceptible to the counter attack, maybe going one up top and packing the midfield is the answer until we have the personnel we need at least, or maybe it's the long term answer overall, I trust SC to do us right.

I digress, sorry;

So in short AT THE MOMENT I'd be very happy with staying up and building season by season but like every other fan I hold higher aspirations, onwards and upwards.

Each to there own but i think you will be well wide of the mark with that prediction mate..

Mid-table for me between about 10th and 14th. A couple more additions and we will be fine.

You're right, it is each to his own.

Wonder who else in this division though is currently fielding a subs bench including an academy keeper, three players who were on loan in league two last season and another who is apparently not fit.

This a tough, unrelenting league which is a significant step up on last year.

If we don't get something on Wednesday it is not inconceivable we could have no points after five games and confidence will then be in short supply.

I genuinely think those talking about a finish in the top ten are either deluded or have no idea what we will face this season.

Archived